Diving in Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I am planning to dive in Boracay for the first time in June. Can any one recommend a cheap and good dive center where I can dive with ( lower than $ 22/ dive if possible) . Regarding Accomodation. I already have chosen one, that is the Faith Recreation Center. They are charging me P 100/ nite per person, According with my wife who just came back from Bora yesterday. She was joined a Christian Conference there . So I am planning to go there snd maybe try diving. Do you think it would be worth it to bring my gears or not? I searched the net and found some good dive spots. They rated it 3-5 stars. Is this true for you who tried this spots? Will the diving be still good by the first week of June?:D
Thanks in advance.

100P a night!?!??!?! Damn! thats cheap.. if i am not mistaken most dive shops on Bora about $17 or $18 per dive. i believe that all are pretty close in price within a dollar or two

Mike Veitch:
100P a night!?!??!?! Damn! thats cheap.. if i am not mistaken most dive shops on Bora about $17 or $18 per dive. i believe that all are pretty close in price within a dollar or two

it's a christian center. so i hope you guys don't take TOO much advantage of it and give some extra donations eh...
inc.gif

The Boracay dive shops used to get together and set a rate for all dives in all shops. They didn't want to get into price wars and drive the smaller guys out. A lot of people say Boracay diving isn't that good and it's true if you like deep wall dives etc. (yapak 1,2,3 are the exceptions....world class those spots) but it isn't fished heavily. The people there realize the jewel they have as an income source so you'll find abundant small marine life there. Ghost pipe fish, frogfish, lots of scorpions at Crocodile Isle....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom