Diving in CUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best diving in Cuba is at Isla de la Juventad, but I hear Cayo Guillermo is also popular (I think it's accessible if you're at Cayo Coco, Holguin and Cayo Guillermo). I know from Trip Cayo Coco, they have a pick up service. Check out http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/scuba.html for some reviews(diving and resorts). Oh, and a tip from a DM I know: bring spare o-rings and stuff for tips. It's super cheap here, and they have lots of difficulty getting them there. It may also save you from having a leaky tank.

yep i went to cayo guillermo 2 years ago at the melia cayo guillermo its super nice and the people at the diving shop are very friendly there is not much to see but a lot of coral and fish.... you can go from cayo coco but not from holguin unless you take a plane for 50 usd...

Bon Voyage! Quand vous revenez ecrivez un rapport de dive!

(excusez moi - je ne sais pas le 'dive' en francais)

Enjoy yourself Stephane. The dive shop is at the beach right beside the Tryp resort - head down to the beach and turn left. The minibus picks up divers (or you can walk there if you want) mornings and afternoons from the front lobby, but you need to book in order for them to come get you.

I spent a week at the El Senador resort a couple of years ago and had a great time. The dive leaders that I dove with at the dive shop were terrific and very professional. I'm thinking of going back this winter again.

Cheers,
Mike

chip104:

babelfish translation...

Ben have of it there plusior me usually C of the hotel of the chains ground, melia, tryp one eats super good C of the 4etoile and + but for this time I am to let influence by a friend who revien of and him ya ete with the playa pesquero C a hotel which is new and C to dimension 5etoile and J had super a deal for Oct. 2 has 700$ per anybody usually they is sold 1900$ by sea-green.... but if you book the ya full with deal check on www.exitnow.com C a site which appartien has air deckchair ya full with deal of derniere minute like 3 sem has lavance... or if you decide plusieur moi habituellement c des hotel de la chaine sol, melia, tryp on mange super bien c des 4etoile et + mais la pour cette fois je me suis laisser influencer par un ami qui revien de la et lui ya ete au playa pesquero c une hotel qui est neuf et c coter 5etoile et j ai eu un super deal pour le 2 oct a 700$ par personne habituellement ils se vende 1900$ par pers.... mais si tu book la ya plein de deal check sur www.exitnow.com c un site qui appartien a air transat ya plein de deal de derniere minute comme 3 sem a lavance... ou si tu decide de partir le 2 says me or will be able to go to plunge together!!!!!

This is much better

ouch, I understand both languages, and I think that was the worst translation ever!!!
Anyways, Stephanephillippe, I've been to tryp and el senador (food was better at el senador, beach is better at tryp). let me know how everything goes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom