Diving in Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, enough of the chatter.

Does anyone actually have any experience diving Cuba? Not all readers are American.

It's not illegal to travel to Cuba, what is illegal is spending US currency in Cuba. If you can figure out how to visit Cuba without spending USD, then you would not be violating the law.

I have been told by more than one person they wasn't stamp your passport if you tell them you are a American. I don't know if this is a urban legend or not. The diver I talked to said they were shore diving.

My understanding is that US-government approved travel to Cuba for certain groups and certain activities are legal. Anyone know how you can check into legal travel with one of these groups to Cuba that would primarily be for scuba?

My understanding is that US-government approved travel to Cuba for certain groups and certain activities are legal. Anyone know how you can check into legal travel with one of these groups to Cuba that would primarily be for scuba?

My LDS had a trip last year to Cuba to count fish. The American government was fine with that. They did not get to do it I think not enough people signed up.

Wow! A thread about diving morphs into a lesson in passport stamping! But I am surprised no Canadians have posted, I for one am thinking about Cuba, but still have a problem with Castro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom