Diving in Dubrovnik & Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleNat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

My husband and I are going to Croatia in July, and want to fit in some diving. Can anyone recommend dive shops in Dubrovnik and Brac? Any other hints and tips welcome.

Thanks!
Natalie

In Dubrovnik both Blue Planet and Abyss have a good operation, and the dive sites are nice.
The dives on Brač on the other hand are... better than nothing I guess. Visibility is usually 10m or less and there is very little sea life. If you do dive there try to go to the south side of the island, it's a bit better.

Thank you for the info. We are staying at the Dubrovnik Palace, and it looks like Blue Planet is based out of there. In Brac we are visiting friends in Bol, so hoping we can dive there. So maybe just 1 dive there, and more in Dubrovnik?

I had a great time with fundiveclub in Supetar on Brac. I did 4 boat dives and one shore dive with my kids. We did one dive on solta, which wasn't great in fairness, but the second was on a tiny island called Mrduja and it was really good. Lots of fish and a small wreck. The second day was two wall dives outside Milna area. They were beautiful too but something to bear in mind is its much better deeper in Croatia. From about 15-20 down things start to get colorful. Saw seahorses on the shore dive!
I recommend them, very friendly and well run.

Thank you for the info. We are staying at the Dubrovnik Palace, and it looks like Blue Planet is based out of there. In Brac we are visiting friends in Bol, so hoping we can dive there. So maybe just 1 dive there, and more in Dubrovnik?
We are thinking of going here, what was your experience with the resort and dive center?

Oh funny, my husband and I are going tomorrow for a week. I'll dive with Blue Planet either Saturday or Monday. They came back quickly on the email and said they with put you in a group with divers of similar experience/rating. I expressed my primary aim is to see "wildlife", so we'll see what happens.

We are going Friday but not in Dubrovnik until the 29th. Please report back! And have fun!

So Far just snorkeling in front of Palace Hotel is fantastic.

IMG_0902.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0874.jpeg
    IMG_0874.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0848.jpeg