Diving in Dubrovnik & Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving was different here. I'm used to a pretty fast pace show up on time, 15 minutes later on the boat, suiting up and getting in the water. From show up time around 9am to getting in the water was about 2 hours. They give you a 7mm wetsuit, if you are going below 20ft you want it. There is a sort of barrier in the water you dive through and it's cold underneath. You want the boots too. Boat captain was off on the day of my dive so we did two shore dives. If you and your group are AOW ask to go and spend time lower on the drop off around 70 feet or do a wreck dive. That's where you really experience the cold and see the depth below (they said bottom is 45m there and you can see it). If you are use to suiting up in a wetsuit and have been diving regularly or recently and have a big group try not to put your wetsuit on too early. If you start to cook, there is a shower tap above the BCD rinse buckets and you can flood your suit to cool off. I'm curious where you go!

Back
Top Bottom