Diving in Fiji ??? Good and Bad ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moved from Introduction and Greets Forum.

donacheson:
IMHO, the eastern Bligh Waters is where you'd should be. However, be aware that two divers went missing there a bit more than a week ago, one of them the owner of a dive operation. You might, however, check out Kai Viti Divers - they dive the same area.

I'd echo Don's suggestion. The Bligh Waters is great diving. I was there a year ago at the same time as Don--who has been there many more times--and loved it. I also dove Taveuni on the same trip and was gravely disappointed. Check out both Wananavu Resort/Kaiviti Divers and Bamboo Beach Resort and Crystal aka Bamboo Reef Divers. You might take a look at another thead in this forum on the subject for info. http://www.scubaboard.com/t72468-wananavu-in-fiji-for-two-weeks-in-june-05.html

reubencahn:
I'd echo Don's suggestion. The Bligh Waters is great diving. I was there a year ago at the same time as Don--who has been there many more times--and loved it. I also dove Taveuni on the same trip and was gravely disappointed. Check out both Wananavu Resort/Kaiviti Divers and Bamboo Beach Resort and Crystal aka Bamboo Reef Divers. You might take a look at another thead in this forum on the subject for info. http://www.scubaboard.com/t72468-wananavu-in-fiji-for-two-weeks-in-june-05.html

Wife and I just returned from Fiji and Taveuni Island. Dove with Swiss Fiji and were happy with their operation. I have some pics in my Gallery so look there if you'd like. For us the diving was wonderful but then all dives are wonderful to us (we're still Newbies with only 35 dives).

michandgav:
I am planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef with a short stop over in Fiji. With only having five days there I want to make sure I pick the right spot. That is if Fiji has any bad spots.

Who has been and can point me in the right direction or steer me away from a bad one.

Thanks,

Gavin
there,s no bad diving in fiji,bula vinaka

We have dived Fiji three times. Our personal favorite diving was Taveuni (Great White Wall, Blue Ribbon Eel Reef, Jerry's Jelly, and Jack's Place).

donacheson:
IMHO, the eastern Bligh Waters is where you'd should be. However, be aware that two divers went missing there a bit more than a week ago, one of them the owner of a dive operation. You might, however, check out Kai Viti Divers - they dive the same area.

I just got back from Fiji I would suggest the Bligh waters also all the dives in this area were great. Yes there were two divers misssing on aug 31 but they were not clients. I was on the dive dive boat when they went missing.

Bamboo reef divers did a great job for us. All of there dive sights in this area were great. Are our boat caption most of the time was Georgie and dive master was Sammy they were very good. I would go back and dive with them tommarow.

Lessons learned in Fiji on our trip.
1)This is a 3rd world country with very limited search and rescue resources.
2)Insure you dive with dive sausage, dive alert, reflector (a CD works great), or strobe.

If you need more information PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom