Diving in Las Vegas Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there the first part of October, but I'm not going to have time to go out to Lake Mead....even though it looks incredible! Maybe someday...

mike_s:
I've actually seen a guy diving in the Bellagio fountain. He was working on
the lights and water jets. He had on dive gear but only so he could stay under
for a few minutes at a time. his "support team" was another guy in a "john boat".
I stayed across the street once and at around 2am all the jets came up out of the water for maintenance. There were about 10 guys in drysuits wading around working on them.
really? those things are motorized? jeez.... that blows.
And you expected them to be real? in Vegas?

Don't bother with Mead. Since the lake level has dropped it's just not worth it. It's better to take a day and drive down to Mohave (about 1.5-2 hours from Vegas) and do a couple dives off Cabinsite Point. There's a school bus and a van in the south cove. Bring tanks with you from Vegas, though. The 2 shops in Bullhead City can be hit or miss for when they're open. Let me know if you plan on doing this and I'll give you more info.

Could you give me some more detailed directions on how to get to Lake Mohave from Vegas? The dive reports on the website sounds promising. How would the conditions be in March? Thanks.

LobstaMan

From Vegas, head east towards Boulder City. You'll see a sign just outside of Boulder City sending you to Laughlin (can't remember the highway number right now). Once you get to Laughlin, cross the river, take a left at the light, follow signs to Katherine's Landing. You'll turn left to get there. The easiest shore diving is at Cabinsite Point. Just turn right after you pay to get in and right before the marina. You'll drive a couple of miles. There are signs everywhere, so you can't miss it.

March is probably one of the better months to go. The temps will be in the 50s, but the air temp should only be in the 80s, much better than the 110s we get in the summer. Viz is always 30' +.

Let me know when you're going. If we're not in Mexico we might just meet you there.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I can get a dive or two in and meet you there. Have fun in Mexico. I don't know where you're going, but I've been to Coz and it was the best diving I've ever experienced.

LobstaMan

You are thinking of the wrong kind of diving, you are in Vegas???

LobstaMan:
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I can get a dive or two in and meet you there. Have fun in Mexico. I don't know where you're going, but I've been to Coz and it was the best diving I've ever experienced.

LobstaMan

No problem. Looking forward to it. We'll be on the other side of Mexico...San Carlos area. Coz is later on in the year.

ShakaZulu:
You are thinking of the wrong kind of diving, you are in Vegas???

Gotta recover from the night diving somehow...might as well get wet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom