Diving in Maui with newly certified 13 and 14 year olds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all so much for all your tips. I am not getting anything done around my house, work etc, for staying on the computer checking out Maui diving, lol. And I will definitely plan on using a guide regardless of shore diving or not. I have sent an email to Lahaina Divers and am continuing my search. Cannot wait to get their. June cannot get here fast enough. I cannot wait to see my kids faces under water!!

Keep checking back with SB, you may find someone else who will be on island that you can meet up with for some shore diving. We won't be there until July or I would have offered to meet up.

My family and I just got back from our trip to Maui. My kids are all certified at age 16, 14, and 11. We did shore day and night diving with Shaka Doug from Shaka Divers. It was an awesome experience. Shaka Doug was very knowledgeable and made diving with the kids very relaxing and smooth. He was very funny and made the kids laugh all the time. He took us to some very cool dive sites and saw many neat sea animals. On the night dive we saw some cool squid that we came very close to. Turtles were common to our dives and Shaka Doug was great at finding some hard to find animals that were hiding in the coral. I would highly recommend him when doing shore diving in Maui.

For boat dives we dove with Lahaina Divers. They were also very good with the kids and divemaster Joe on the boat made our diving with the kids fun and easy. We can't wait go back to Maui and dive with our new friends again. I'm jealous that you'll be there in June. I wish you all the fun we had when there and have a great time!

Kris

Thank you kjkopa! Great information!! I will have to check into Shaka Doug! And I have booked a boat dive with Lahaina Divers as well.

Great shore dives for newbies on the side of the Island you are staying include: Black Rock, Old Airport, and Mala pier. A little farther South, Olowalu. And still father, Ulua Beach. Pop into any Maui dive shop and get their free shore dive guide. They are also a great deal on rental of tanks and lead and flags. Boat excursions on the west end, I like Lahaina divers, and they will take you to appropriate sites. If Mala looks like a tough entry, Lahaina Divers will lake you by boat- it is a great novice site- lots of turtles and guaranteed white tip shark or two.
DivemasterDennis

You are going to love diving on Maui with your kids!!! I wish I learned to dive here as a kid. The turtles and other marine life make it really fun and interesting every time you go!

Back
Top Bottom