Diving in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoy shore diving on Maui - but with little else to compare it to, I can't say how great it is... this past week was 82* water temp with 50ft vis. On average a bad day of diving here would be 30ft vis and 76*, a great shore dive day would be 75-100ft vis & 84* ... Lots of reef, it's a subtropical environment, with lots of fish only found in Hawaii - The boat diving is very nice, we had 200ft vis at Molokini last week, first time I've actually seen the bottom (in places) on the back side of Molokini :D

Drop me a PM when it gets close to coming and hopefully we can do a shore dive or two together.

Aloha, Tim

We'll be on Maui from April 1-6 (very short trip!). We're stay at the Westin in Kaanapali on this trip so it looks like we'll miss KrisB by a week.

Tim, we SO want to dive with you, but at this point we're planning to do 4 charters and not shore dive this trip. My husband loves getting up early, having a fun boat ride, diving, having lunch in Lahaina, and back to the resort to relax, have a couple of drinks, and hang out. He could do that routine for months. :wink:

Since we own a timeshare on Maui, we'll be back at least once a year, and I'm sure we'll manage to hook up with you to dive one of these trips. Though after diving 4x a day on our liveaboard this December, he might feel itchy in Maui and want to do some afternoon shore diving. If that happens, you'll be the first guy I contact!

I'll be going April 30th. til May 9th. i can't wait.

DiveMe:
Since we own a timeshare on Maui, we'll be back at least once a year, and I'm sure we'll manage to hook up with you to dive one of these trips. Though after diving 4x a day on our liveaboard this December, he might feel itchy in Maui and want to do some afternoon shore diving. If that happens, you'll be the first guy I contact!

Feel free to drop me a line if it works out to go shore diving - It would be great to meet you both.

Aloha, Tim

We'll be back on Maui for two weeks in January 06. We stay on Kaanapali at the Marriott. This is our third year with the timeshare. We dove with Lahaina Divers last time and did the Cathedrals on Lani along with Manpachi caves. That was our only boat dive last year. Also did some good shore dives at Black Rock on Kaanapali by the Sheraton. Also dove Old Airport Beach (Kahekili Beach). Did a dive right out in front of the Marriott as well. Still not sure who I'm going to dive with this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom