diving in NB - Bay of Fundy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver said "you don't have to be military to be a member".

However you do have to be a member of the CLUB in order to post on their listserv.

stacey_n_jamie:
from your post read it sounds like you have to be in the military to be in the group.

Sounds like some divers can't handle the more temperate waters?

I have not been diving in the Bay of Fundy for years But I do remember diving off the coasts of NB and NS. I can tell anyone that if they are not willing to explore some of the places like this in the world that they are missing so much in their diving. The east coast of Canada is be - e uu tiful as is the west coast.

So Gagetown still has the Tankers Swim Cclub going do they?

I couldn't agree more!!

Yes, the Tankers club is still going strong. I get my tanks topped there every week.

GDI:
Sounds like some divers can't handle the more temperate waters?

I have not been diving in the Bay of Fundy for years But I do remember diving off the coasts of NB and NS. I can tell anyone that if they are not willing to explore some of the places like this in the world that they are missing so much in their diving. The east coast of Canada is be - e uu tiful as is the west coast.

So Gagetown still has the Tankers Swim Cclub going do they?

IF I had the time and the money, I would love to go over to BC and dive.. Heck I would love to travel the world.... too bad money didn't grow on trees :p heehee

naiya:
I've noticed a few recent posts which seem designed to "scare" visiting divers off areas of NB that are within the Bay of Fundy.

There are a number of dive sites in this area, ranging from "novice" to "experienced". Most of the local diving is from shore, and only one dive shop that has offered a charter service. This is a tidal zone, which actually is what makes the diving here so great. The variety in marine life is abolutely fantastic!
<SNIP>
I have nothing to add to Naiya's post, except to say that I wish I had written it myself. :05:

My only contribution to this thread is to conclude that diving in the Bay of Fundy can be very challenging. However, if you are willing to seek local knowledge and if your dives are carefully planned according to tide tables, diving in Fundy can be very rewarding.

Then, after a while, it just becomes same old, same old. :14:

andre14:
Then, after a while, it just becomes same old, same old. :14:

I can see your point, certainly diving the same sites repeatedly has it's challenges. Often I set different goals for a dive, such as this weekend one of my dives was primarily to photograph sea cucumbers (see attached, very active right now!). But also, I just like the swim so I always seem to have great dives.

I love going back time and time again. AT Deer it's a new dive everytime. The variety is amazing. When I remember to take the camera I like to do macro photography. Naiya really showed me the finer things when we dove and started just looking closely at things, taking our time. I was finding Nudibrancs everywhere, purple worms on the sponges, painted shrimp, even finding the lumpfish :p... Now if only I saw that Beluga Whale :p heeheehee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom