Diving in Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, many of the dive shops around the country have web pages. Could you be specific about which part of the country you are interested in, so I don't have to post three dozen or so links? :D

Hi all

I have been to Portugal twice.
Last year we stayed near Lagos ans I took my AOW with Dive Time PADI Scuba Diving Lagos Portugal Algarve Dive Time PADI IDC Diving Centre
Their centre as right on the marina in Lagos, so we changed in the shop and it was a short walk to their rib. They were a helpful bunch of guys and spoke excellent English probably because they are English. The diving was good, my favourite was a shallow dive Burgau Wreck because it was teaming with Octopus.
This year I stayed near Faro but as it was windy (Nov/Dec) there was no diving. I visited two centres - Open Waters in Quartiera and Hydroespacio in Faro. Both were friendly & seemed helpful

Last edited:
50km north of Berlengas there is Nazaré. It's my favourite dive spot in Portugal, and I know quite a few. In the north we have the U-boat and a few other wreakages. Not the 40m visibility blue waters but still... quite worth a dive, if the Ocean allows it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom