Diving in provincial parks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had forgotten how quickly Cyprus Lake fills up - not a chance at getting a reservation there at this point. On the bright side, that means I do get electricity & water hookups.

Late report back, but here it is.

The trip went well, although we managed much less diving than I had hoped.

Monday we went out on the Deep Obsession with Larry from Diver's Den and did two dives, the Minch and the Sweepstakes / City of Grand Rapids. Although we had been expecting cold water, it was warmer than Morrison's Quarry :)

Son's first dive out of the quarry, first boat dive, my first wreck dive, we had a great time. I wore the GoPro I picked up the week before, that was quite neat to watch the video back after.

The Sweepstakes dive was the harder of the two - it was only dive 11 for both of us, so the bouyancy control in the shallow water was a challenge.

The Tuesday daughter wanted to do something, so we went to Flowerpot, intending to dive on Wednesday. That one was supposed to be the Rose and the Caves (Grotto). We were looking forward to it, but scrubbed due to the tornado watch and high winds. :(

Next time.

Diver's Den were great, class act.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom