Diving in Rocky Point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good. If this pans out, we'll definitely look for you. I've heard there's camping on the beach in Rocky Point. Any validity to this?

Can you still camp at Sandy Beach? Haven't been there in a decade.

It's a divesite. Easy entry out to about 40'.

Seems like I've heard you can camp there, but can't say for sure, never done it. I'll do some research tommorrow.

Any idea of the water temperature in Rocky Point in Feb/March? Would it be simiar to San Carlos?

Giving it some thought..as it is a shorter drive than San Carlos.

Thanks.

Eduardo:
Any idea of the water temperature in Rocky Point in Feb/March? Would it be simiar to San Carlos?

Giving it some thought..as it is a shorter drive than San Carlos.

Thanks.
Based on online resources, the same as San Carlos, probably Mid 60's right now.

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/sst/latest_sst.gif

-Garrett

Yes, same as San Carlos. San Carlos is usually in the low to mid 60s in March.

Dive-aholic:
Maybe we'll head down the 2nd weekend of March then, the 10th/11th? Anyone else interested?

Just heard from some young guys that work for me that this is the Spring Break weekend for all Arizona and New Mexico schools. Rp typically sees an influx of 8 to 10 thousand students that weekend.

I certainly don't mind the festivities but it may make finding lodging problematic, camping a hassle, and traffic horrendous.

krcollins:
Just heard from some young guys that work for me that this is the Spring Break weekend for all Arizona and New Mexico schools. Rp typically sees an influx of 8 to 10 thousand students that weekend.

I certainly don't mind the festivities but it may make finding lodging problematic, camping a hassle, and traffic horrendous.
Ya that is ASU & UA Spring Break (11-18). Will be freakin' crazy!!

Garrett:

Thanks for the cool water temperature link!

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they did Spring Break that early. I guess we'll hold off until April then. I've been through Havasu during Spring Break. I don't even want to see what RP is like at that time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom