Diving in St. John, US VI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaleg,

Good question, i booked it so long ago i forgot. Ill have to call the travel agent today and get the info. It's above Cruz bay, looking over Cruz i believe

We are going July 1-10th.

Ill post you later once i remember the name of the villa.

hope to see you on a few dives there, it will be our first boat dive and well be a little nervous.

see ya.

waterdogs.

I'm so jealous! We love diving in the VIs. We have a friend that lives on St. Thomas (west end) and we try to venture out at least twice a year.

Aqua Action is an excellent dive shop - Carl is funny and a great DM.

But if you're interested in wreck diving, let me fill you in on a fabulous dive shop that dives the wrecks on the south-west side of St. Thomas. http://Blue Island Divers is a great dive shop out of the Crown Bay Marina. If you take the ferry from St. John to Charlotte you can catch a cab to the marina (about 5-10 minutes away). Trust me, it is well worth the trip! Aitch and Sean are great to dive with and they cater to small groups and will even rinse and stow your gear overnight if you are doing more than 1 day of diving with them.

And the diving is great! The WIT Shoal is my favorite (sits in about 70 feet of water, completely upright and intact). And their second dives are beautiful reefs. I've attached a pic from our last dive with them (Flat Key East). They have about 4 other wrecks that they dive as well.

And to be in the VIs over July 4th!!!! The fireworks are great - try to get on a party boat between St. Thomas and St. John. You will be able to see about 4 different firework displays.

Wish I was going!

Don't know why I didn't run into this thread sooner, you guys are taking about my former backyard. I was living around HavenSight STT for awhile, so usually didn't want to drive 'all the way out there' to the east end. But let me throw my two cents in anyway. scubaleg, a week at the Westin, not bad... waterdogs, the car ferry is closer to 45min, but the people ferry is only a coulpe bucks and pretty quick.

tjp- "With the dive place on St Thomas I reall like the wreck of the Cartanza..." tjp, was that before the last hurrican picked it up and broken in half again? I personally found this wreck..err dive site to be a big debrie feild not really resembing a wreck.

LuvsTurtles-"And the diving is great! The WIT Shoal is my favorite (sits in about 70 feet of water, completely upright and intact). " The Witchell would you be talking about my baby? The best dive site in St Thomas... the wreck I love.

Since you'll be staying on StJohn, it might make for a very early morgin (especially for persons on vaction), but on StTHomas Chris Sawyer Dive (east end) has a trip every Friday to the RMS Rhone in the BVI. It's a good dive, throw Armado and his camera and Johnny cakes in to the mix and Chris makes it into a great trip. If you're planning on going, call EARLY. When I went to get just one spot, he was booked for the next two weeks and that was off season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom