Need recommendations dive shops Atlanta area (Johns Creek)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy in NC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I have a friend who wants to start diving.
Needs certification.

Looking for great LDS / dive instructors in the Atlanta area.

He lives in Johns Creek which is north of Atlanta.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

A friend is a customer of SeaVentures in Roswell (north of Atlanta) and speaks highly of the shop.

X2 on SeaVentures. Great dive shop.

We haven’t done training or a trip with Seaventures, but we bought our gear from them. Great staff, very helpful, the pool is heated and indoors. They’re close to John’s Creek. They have their yearly big weekend event/sale in a week or two.

I use both Seaventures and Diver's Supply.

Seaventures:
2880 Holcomb Bridge Rd #136, Alpharetta, GA 30022

I have done a number of certs with Seaventures as part of the SSI Master Diver Challenge, and I've done a couple fun trips with them as well. For the most part they have really good staff. The deep-end of their pool is a bit on the small side.

Diver's Supply:
950 Cobb Parkway South #160, Marietta, GA 30060

Diver's Supply has a huge online inventory, and a Walmart-sized shop in Macon that I have stopped at a couple times on my way to FL. Their Marietta shop is more the size of your typical dive shop though. The sales staff in the shop always seem to have a "couldn't care less" attitude in the Marietta shop, but a year ago I did a refresher course with them and the instructor was awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom