diving in St. Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pammyk

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I wanted to know if anyone on this board has dove in St. Martin. I've never heard anything about the diving there. Someone just called me to see if I wanted to trade my time share in Cabo San Lucas for one in St Martin that looks really nice. The diving in Cabo isn't really good at all...however Cabo Pulmo's not bad at all but is 2 hours away. What if anything does anyone know about St Martin??? Please get back to me on this...they'll only hold the place until Sat Oct 1st at 6 pm...HELP!!!

This august (and possibly april!) will be my fourth diving trip in Sint Maarten/Saint Martin.

The Diving will never be a top of the charts destination, yet they do offer some pretty cool sites.

Every year, I've used Dive Safaris. I've covered a lot of the sites on the island (My favorite being Moon Haul!). Compared to home, the diving is great. The viz is always good. Sometimes there is a strong current (but that's pretty rare...I've only been caught in one strong current).

You will be pretty close to saba which offers some great diving. There's so much to do on sxm! It's a great little island. There were quite a few posts on Sint Maarten a while back...if you don't get too many responses you might want to search.

If you have any questions let me know!
-Christine

I haven't been to St Maarten, but my sister got certified there during her honeymoon. She brought back some great photos. Like Christine said, it's not the best diving in the Caribbean, but it's not bad from what I hear. And for a couple hundred or so, you can get over to Saba for the day and enjoy what I understand to be some world class diving.

The island is a lot of fun. Great resturants and site seeing. Like the others have mentioned, the diving is not (by any stretch) world class. St. Thomas is better and Saba is better yet. However, it's all what your used to. Unfortunately, I got spoiled!!

Go and have fun, after all, you will be underwater, and the water temps should be very nice!

Sint Maarten is so much fun. There's always something going on...the people are great. I LOVE IT. (Notice the countdown) :)
Can't wait to go back "home".

Back
Top Bottom