Diving Independent Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something ain't right. I can't see how this is possible.

Do you clip the primary off when not in your mouth?

Yes I clip it off. I would like to use the long hose for sharing air inside a wreck but when I switch to my bungied reg the long hose lays on the bungied hose, I might try a shorter hose with a right angle adapter (I'm using a 30" hose). I'll work on it some more, thanks for the help RJP and DA.

DA Aquamaster, that post certainly answered a lot of questions. Aside from the tank bands, you named all the gear that I either dive with or own, including 7 ft hose.

So your setup is:

MY LEFT
-octo on bungie
-drysuit inflator
-SPG

MY RIGHT
-primary
-wing inflator
-spg

Well, my drysuit valve points right and stays there. So I'm thinking of doing drysuit inflator on the right and the wing inflator on the left. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Most dry suit valves will unscrew and when slightly loose you can rotate the valve to point toward the left side.

A left post wing inflator does not tend to be as clean hose routing wise.

With only 25-49 dives I would slow down and enjoy recreational diving for a while before switching to independant doubles or, as your other thread indicates, pulling out your reel.

I wouldn't dive doubles without the skills and understanding to do deco dives safely - as carrying that amount of gas tends to get you there real fast.

If you are diving conditions that need a reel then you are going to need the skills, training and experience to go with that - which takes time to build up.

What did your 'wreak diving certification' cover?

Cheers,
Rohan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom