bpw + wing to accommodate independent doubles & single tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• 1268839582-1521383937.jpg
    1268839582-1521383937.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 60

Don't know if this would work. I use independent twins on one of their older jacket BC's, but that was a no no for you.

20230716_201238.jpg

This sorta what I do with bungee,
A tri glide would keep it from moving..
But harder to remove the wing,

For years I ran this diverite classic 60lb wing with only the upper bungee on a single 130Hp
But adding the lower bungee, at the tip of the horse shoe makes it hug you using the waist strap, even with double tanks,
20230716_201815.jpg

This question is purely academical, I'm just curious how independent doubles would work. I'll probably never use them (mostly because of so many questions like this one).

Do you switch regulators so you breathe tanks somewhat evenly like in sidemount? If you use Hogarthian/DIR hose routing and you're breathing from the necklace, in an OOG emergency you'll have to donate the long hose directly from the D-ring.

Probably not a big deal for experienced divers but the idea of having to unclip stuff quickly in an emergency makes me glad for the invention of the isolation manifold. :)

I'm on my necklace when in trim.

So the longhose just rests on my neck. It's not clipped to anything. I might pull the hose slack back a bit, so the reg stays tight to me.

No big deal. If I want to get acrobatic, I switch back to the longhose.

If I was in your travel situation, I'd sling an extra tank, with a singles rig instead.

Reply moved, see below…

Which seems to come from the love of isolation manifolds, despite the extra risk.

Not for any rational reason against indys. Especially on a simple rec+ dive.

Sorry I am late to the party. Here is my latest independent backmount doubles project.

Notwithstanding the aforementioned reasons against diving independent backmounted doubles, that little rig is pretty nifty.

I‘m actually a little bit surprised that no one has come up with a soft isolation manifold system yet for the traveling tech diver.

Ok, you're a bit too addicted to isolation manifolds if you want one.

[Let's add two hoses, that are the most prone to fail, of all hoses?] That's a huge trade off. You'll lose all your air when one of those fails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom