Diving Martz Offshoot At Peacock Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skippy31

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We finally made a point to visit this tunnel which is part of Orange Grove. Its very silty as it get's very little traffic. Interesting tunnel but quite tight and not for the inexperienced. It pinched down and we turned the dive there.

nice. I always loved the distance tunnel but have never gotten around to Martz offshoot. Is it doable in BM? tough to tell from the video.

Nice video btw. What sort of lighting did you use?

nice. I always loved the distance tunnel but have never gotten around to Martz offshoot. Is it doable in BM? tough to tell from the video.

Nice video btw. What sort of lighting did you use?

It probably is for a bit. It would definitely be a real challenge after bit The pinch down where we turned I suspect is not BM. But then that just my opinion.

Keep in mind we're not locals so only get to do this stuff a few times a year. Other than that it's open water, and wrecks etc for us. :)

Lights are dual 21W HIDs.

What a great video! For those that have never dived this section please be forewarned...it is not as easy as the video makes it to be. I have only dived the Distance tunnel and you better have your stuff together. The silt you see is not due to bad finning but it really is that silty. When a buddy and I did the Distance tunnel we went in perfect form and when we turned I was blown away by the lack of vis due to our exhaust bubbles. I had to decrease my light output just to see thru it. Add that to brown and old line that looks like it would break just touching it. I followed ScubaGeek's input in doing it. (I was in BM with friend in SM). I cannot imagine the first explores with their old lights and laying line trying to do this. Again, great video and great music! If I may, why the stage rated to 120? Does it really get that deep in that area? Thanks for the video.

Stage is 32% so 110 max depth or 120 based on older labelling. No we had no plans to go that deep, but did need the gas to safely go the distance (pun intended) :)

I still think I make a better model, (and cameraman). Probably should drop you as a buddy and get the Ibubble :)

PS - I let you have the honour of editing though.

I still think I make a better model, (and cameraman). Probably should drop you as a buddy and get the Ibubble :)

PS - I let you have the honour of editing though.

....Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What is it they say about opinions? :)

@TONY CHANEY ....Yes there is silt everywhere especially in Martz offshoot. Much of the silt is caused by the gentle fin kicks up high and the water bouncing off the ceiling and raising the silt 10 or so feet behind the diver in the smaller places. In the small tunnels some silt is inevitable and the camera makes it look worse than it is due to the bright lights. I was the last man out and I had decent vis on the entire exit. No touch contact was ever required or warranted on this dive. Checkout my video on Dark Water Tunnel if you like silt :)

Last edited:
That was about what I thought and I think that I have seen almost all of your videos....all were great! Thanks

Matt you continue to impress with your diving ability...............steve

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom