Diving near Bangkok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spinal33

Registered
Reaction score
A query - I note that the far Islands from Pattaya are now off limits.

My other half and I are going to head that way early September for a week. I'm aiming to finish her OW before than (as I've been told I cannot teach her in Thailand without a government issued permit). So by then she'll be OW (I have a few certs... been diving for decades... so not too worried about myself).

Any suggestions? It needs to be near Bangkok, so that if she decides she's had too much of the diving thing, we can go look at floating markets, temples and whatnot... My first thought was Pattaya... but it doesn't seem to have the diving scene is used to have...

M.

I've spent a fair bit of time working and diving in Thailand... Koh Samet is an easy drive from Bangkok and has some 'reasonable' diving and good food.
Diving - Explore Koh Samet

I'd steer clear of ANY diving in or near Pattaya, its heavily polluted and devoid of marine life...

If you have a week in Thailand I'd spend a couple of days in Bangkok looking at the temples, shopping and eating lots of the incredible street food, then head over to Koh Chang, Koh Kut or Koh Mak for a more relaxed scene and some far better diving.
Guide to Scuba Diving in Koh Chang, Thailand
Koh Chang even has a shipwreck!

Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking of doing maybe samaesan? Or has that gone downhill?

Far Islands are no longer off limits.
All Pattaya shops run trips to Samae San and in my mind is the best option available in the area for diving.

Back
Top Bottom