Diving Newfoundland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nalfein:
Hi Joe....

Yep, still in Greenwood, the wife and I have taken a few steps into the tech forum. We took our advanced nitrox (IANTD) with Tye Zinck while he was home in Halifax for a break from the 'Survivor' set last year. We picked up a 16' Zodiac last spring as well, our diving has definitely opened up with the flexibility to do some deco diving and the freedom of the boat.

I've seen Steve's posts on ec divers about the move, I'm looking forward to meeting him. I'd love to do some training with him once he's settled and looking for students. I'm taking some university credits now, planning on going the UTPNCM route... Memorial U is at the top of my list as a potential school, I expect they'd rather send me to Dal, but it never hurts to ask.... We're definitely planning on hitting the rock in the near future, one way or another.

safe diving...

chris
Do you have someone stay in the zodiac when you're diving or do you just anchor it?

It depends on where we're diving and what the conditions are like. The wrecks we hit are mostly just offshore, but difficult or impossible to get to by land. Where I can, I'll drag the boat half up on shore and secure it there..... keeping in mind what the tides are doing. It's a tad easier to gear up on land and swim down, especially if we're in doubles and a deco bottle. This is a great spot for a little boat like that, I expect Newfoundland is pretty much the same..? Hopefully we'll get the chance to spend a few years out there and find out for ourselves.

Glad you're enjoying your 'retirement' Joe.... enjoy the life.

safe dives all

chris

Going to Spaniards Bay (CBS) on May 14th. Anyone gonna be there to go with? I am looking for a nice day trip and I dont know anyone there who dives. We could even splash in front of my parents place!

Back
Top Bottom