Diving Newfoundland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe
Holyrood got changed to St.Phillips on Saturday for Sunday morning. It was a good dive. Nice to be dry for a change.
Sue

Yes indeed this is the time of year that one really appreciates a Dry Suit... water temp is down around 34 or 35F... and it will be down to 32F in a few weeks... Burrrr...
Hope to blow a few bubbles with ya sometime soon...but with all this snow...I think I will be spending all of this weekend shovelling. :eek:)

Cheers

Diver Joe

i just bought a bare nex gen drysuit :) for school but i cant wait to get back to newfoundland and start diving scuba with it. wow the water back home is cold :eek:

That suit should hold up well for you, it's the first dry suit I bought as well. Just make sure you wear lots of undies, it's not the warmest suit going, but it's surprisingly durable.

have fun...

chris

Joe
I know there's a bunch from OQ and PSE diving this weekend don't ask me where. Probably Bauline, they plow the warf. Do you know of anywhere else around here that doesn't mind divers and plows the warf?

there is a nice spot out at Bay Bulls, Gatheralls Wharf... You can't use the site during the summer months because Gatheralls run the Whale Watching Tours from the Wharf.... In the off season, they don't mind us divers using the site... I park right in the parking lot, right down next to the wharf...it's only a short walk to the entry point, of which there are a couple.

The owners will usually drive down and see who's on their property... so if anyone shows up..greet them with a big smile and a hello...and they will probably wish you a good dive and leave you alone.

Have fun and safe dives

Joe

long time no chat... you getting out for any dives lately??? You still in Greenwood area and are you still looking to get into Tech Diving??? Or have you already done some training??? Steve Lewis (Doppler)... is just now moving from Toronto to Sackville, NS... I highly recommend him, if your looking for an instructor who is known and well respected all over Canada and most of the Eastern US.

Me, doing fine, getting lots of dives in and happy to be home in Nfld. You should consider coming down this way for some diving on the Bell Island Wrecks...

Cheers for now

Joe

congrats on the new suit Brandon...have you started your Training yet??? Best of luck with it...and look forward to hooking up with you sometime

Joe

Hi Joe....

Yep, still in Greenwood, the wife and I have taken a few steps into the tech forum. We took our advanced nitrox (IANTD) with Tye Zinck while he was home in Halifax for a break from the 'Survivor' set last year. We picked up a 16' Zodiac last spring as well, our diving has definitely opened up with the flexibility to do some deco diving and the freedom of the boat.

I've seen Steve's posts on ec divers about the move, I'm looking forward to meeting him. I'd love to do some training with him once he's settled and looking for students. I'm taking some university credits now, planning on going the UTPNCM route... Memorial U is at the top of my list as a potential school, I expect they'd rather send me to Dal, but it never hurts to ask.... We're definitely planning on hitting the rock in the near future, one way or another.

safe diving...

chris

Sounds Great on everything and best of luck with you UTPNCM application...keep plugging at it and you'll get it.

I'm with the Naval Reserve (HMCS Cabot) just do two evenings a week...so at times it hardly seems like I have left the Navy.

Have a great day

Joe

Back
Top Bottom