Diving Newfoundland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Fire Diver & Diver Joe:

Sounds like you fell in love with NFL diving like I did. That is why I''ve started organizing summer trips there. I am using Rick Stanley as well. FYI - He will be at the
Outdoor Adventure Show in Toronto if you can make it and if you live close. While you are in NFL don't ignore the shore diving. Amazing sites!

If you know of anyone wanting to put a group together or just wanting to come themselves and join a group send them to my website. www.divesafaricanada.com

PS - Firediver - See you in NFL - I will be there the tail end of your trip!

Thanks..I've already been to your site...was referred to it by Paul Okeefe...I also Know Michael and Trina and think the other guy in the (staff pic) is Martin... Dove with them all and had a great time..

Joe

Heehee... I know paul too met last January 2003 I dove New Years Day.. :p I was the only pne crazy enough to dive wet. I spent 4 months in St.John's doing my firefighter recruitment course.. met Rick , the crew and a number of local divers in january did three dives with them..
Unfortunaltey I live in NB and can't make the trip to Ontario.. though I would love to go.

The trip I am planning for july we are trying to get 14 divers from around here to go. We will be doing 3 charters with Rick and Debbie, and also going to hit a number of shore dives.. I am gitty about this trip already. Holst: Hope to see you there.. We may be doing a shore dive that thursday... then a pub crawl. I have to say the diving in NFLD has been some of the best I have ever done.. even though it was -4 on the surface :p

Yes - The NFL guys are great. My husband and I certified Paul, Trina, and Cassidae as scuba instructors last June. Did some great diving with them. Michael we have known since he was living here in Ontario.

Looking forward to this summer in NFL.

HOLST When do you head to NL?? Was talking to Rick he had mentioned about divers coming up from all over during the summer??

check out a listing of all diving professionals that belong to The Industry Sport Diving Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (ISDA-NL) is a volunteer and not for profit organization of individuals and groups who have an interest in the promotion of safe and responsible diving in Newfoundland and Labrador. visit www.isdanl.com

Hey, Welcome to Scubaboard Michael... and Good Luck with the ISDA recruiting. By the way, is my membership still valid, it must be near dues time again???

You might also want to check out www.thedecostop.com

Joe

You may also want to consider diving South Eastern Nfld, depending on what part of the Island you visit. Several wrecks near Burgeo. Water condtions a little different in that area due to gulf stream rather than Labrador current. For this area call Dean Bailey of Pro Sport Dive in Kippens. The bell Island wrecks are a must... I am planning a trip there for next summer also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom