Diving off cruise ship?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long ago was your experience with DSL? Looks like they've merged with Scuba Steve's and I'm wondering if @living4experiences post about Scuba Steve's is reflective of things now or just a single bad experience.

Anyone else have recent experiences with Dive Saint Lucia?
Last dives with Scuba Steve was early this year.
Grabbed this history from SubSurface:

Number Date Time Location Duration Max. depth
90 2022-02-06 11:58:07 Devil's Hold 47:10 min 70.7 ft
89 2022-02-06 10:12:28 Anse Chastanet 45:00 min 78.2 ft
81 2021-12-19 12:04:59 Anse Cochon 53:00 min 84.6 ft
80 2021-12-19 10:12:29 Superman's Flight 52:30 min 87.5 ft

-- Dives with Ti Kaye resort
24 2020-02-14 12:04:00 Anse Cochon 48:30 min 31.7 ft
23 2020-02-14 10:48:00 Lesleen M Wreck 39:00 min 66.5 ft

A dive shop that was recommended to me in St. Lucia was Eastern Caribbean. Ended up not diving in St. Lucia so I don't know if they are any good.
HOME

I'm going out with BonScuba in Bonaire on 12/27, and Pro Dive St. Kitts on 12/29. Adventure of the Seas, leaving out of San Juan on 12/23.
And I'm back. The diving in Bonaire didn't happen due to the very unfortunate death of Paul of BonScuba, on Christmas Day. He had another group he was going to take out on 12/27 so he set me up with one of his associates, who contacted me on 12/26 and told me what happened. She didn't have access to Paul's equipment or anything, and although she tried to get tanks and weights so she could still take me it wasn't possible. Under the circumstances, I can't be too upset about it.

ProDivers on St. Kitts went off without a hitch and I'd definitely go out with them again. We did Brimstone Shallows first, although we did the deep side of it - ended up at 99 feet on that one. We then did the Talata wreck after the surface interval.

Thanks for the update, Eric. I climb aboard the HAL Rotterdam tomorrow for a 21-day cruise through the Eastern and Southern Caribe. I've got dives on seven islands booked and can't wait to get started.

ProDivers on St. Kitts went off without a hitch and I'd definitely go out with them again. We did Brimstone Shallows first, although we did the deep side of it - ended up at 99 feet on that one. We then did the Talata wreck after the surface interval.
That's great to hear. I'm scheduled with ProDivers on Jan 31st when I'm there on the Anthem of the Seas.

Thanks for the update, Eric. I climb aboard the HAL Rotterdam tomorrow for a 21-day cruise through the Eastern and Southern Caribe. I've got dives on seven islands booked and can't wait to get started.
Wow, 21 days; that’s a beast of a trip.

Wow, 21 days; that’s a beast of a trip.
Yes, it will be. Then, we zoom over to another ship for a 10 day trip through the Western Caribbean. We really want to see some islands this winter (and escape the cold stuff too).

That's great to hear. I'm scheduled with ProDivers on Jan 31st when I'm there on the Anthem of the Seas.

Would be interested in hearing where you dived when you get back.

I have just a 7 nighter in the western Carribean (Coz, Mahahaul/Costa Maya, Roatan and Belize) in early Feb. Not diving in Belize but everywhere else.

Yes, it will be. Then, we zoom over to another ship for a 10 day trip through the Western Caribbean. We really want to see some islands this winter (and escape the cold stuff too).
Hope you will also do a trip report when you get back.

Back
Top Bottom