Diving off cruise ship?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My second Curacao dive. The Car Pile is an easy shore entry that's across the street from The Dive Bus' shop. There's interesting footage of a gravid stingray at 1:48.

I'm back from my western Caribbean cruise. Dived in Roatan and Mahahual/Costa maya. Cozumel dive was canceled.

In Roatan I went with West End Divers because they did a discovery dive with my brothers and snorkel with my wife and SILs during my first dive then took my brothers out with me for a second dive while the girls snorkeled. Dive sites were "Mandy's eel garden " and "Overheats ". Both good dives and it was a lot of fun diving with my brothers on their first dive.

In Mahahual I dived with Pepe's dive which is right at Jamie's Blue reef resort where the family was spending the day.

The waves/surf was so high and rough that no one was going out diving. There are at least a dozen dive shops along street next to the beach. I walked down the street and talked to a bunch of them and no one was going out.

Finally the girl from Pepe's came and got me and said they would take me out. I was apprehensive but decided to chance it. I was the only diver and being a small shop they apparently didn't want to lose the business. So we braved the waves. As far as I could tell we were the only ones out there.

I must say the boat crew did a great job handling the boat . The girl at the desk turned out to be the dive master and she also did a good job. We kind of drift dived and were picked up down current. Though we treaded water for 15 minutes on the second dive before the boat found us in the high seas.

They charged $75 w/equipment for a two tank dive.

I dove the Kittiwake yesterday with Just Dive Cayman. It was Sunday and we had the wreck to ourselves. Great dive and a great operator.

FB_IMG_1676255674698.jpg
FB_IMG_1676255688986.jpg
FB_IMG_1676255682553.jpg

Booking dives at all ports Holland America out of Fort Lauderdale
Saturday, April 1Fort Lauderdale, FL3:00pmSunday, April 2At SeaMonday, April 3At SeaTuesday, April 4St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands8:00am5:00pmWednesday, April 5St. Kitts8:00am4:00pmThursday, April 6St. Lucia8:00am6:00pmFriday, April 7Barbados8:00am6:00pmSaturday, April 8Grenada8:00am4:00pmSunday, April 9Guadeloupe8:00am5:00pmMonday, April 10St. Maarten8:00am5:00pmTuesday, April 11San Juan, Puerto Rico8:00am11:00pmWednesday, April 12At SeaThursday, April 13At SeaFriday, April 14Half Moon Cay, Bahamas8:00am3:00pmSaturday, April 15Fort Lauderdale, FL7:00am

Buck, sounds fantastic, report back on the charters & experience, plus any pro tips for cruising & diving. Enjoy!

W
I dove the Kittiwake yesterday with Just Dive Cayman. It was Sunday and we had the wreck to ourselves. Great dive and a great operator.

wow! She’s really turned the side since I snorkeled over her back in 2019… one day would love to dive down to her… beautiful pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom