Diving on Fri and Sat (Jan 7/8)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm:
I wish I could go diving, but nooooooo, I have to work. Darned job! Hey, wait a minute...
Very funny! ha ha ha!
So where are you diving this weekend that's so important you can't call in sick and dive with us? Huh?

ReneeC:
Very funny! ha ha ha!
So where are you diving this weekend that's so important you can't call in sick and dive with us? Huh?
Somewhere's up here, less than 8 miles south and less than eight miles north of Boynton Inlet. I'm here to help.
Besides... it looks funny when I call in sick and then swing by the shop to grab my gear.

Well, as of this AM, the wind was still out of the east & the water kind of choppy- no real waves to speak of, about the same as last night but there might be a pretty strong current- looked like to the north. Kind of hard to really determine becasuse of the wind causing the chop. I hear that the forcast is calling for a gradual, steady improvement. Personally, I am definitely going to dive, if the surf doesn't kick up.

Looks like this is turning into quite a dive! Divers that I know are showing up are Jenny, Baitedtstorm, KBeck, badmojo, WileEDiver (from California), Renee, possibly OscarDM &, of course, fan(t)a(s)tic. No change in conditions since my last report but hey- it's all good! See you guys in the AM & if anyone else want to come you are more than welcome.

Marvel:
Well, as of this AM, the wind was still out of the east & the water kind of choppy- no real waves to speak of, about the same as last night but there might be a pretty strong current- looked like to the north. Kind of hard to really determine becasuse of the wind causing the chop. I hear that the forcast is calling for a gradual, steady improvement. Personally, I am definitely going to dive, if the surf doesn't kick up.

We had a mild North current today up at my end of the beach. Viz was about 50'. Water temp... 75.
I wish I could make it down there. Krista's right, I need to stage gear at various board function locales. Hey! Maybe I'll just jump in on the first dive and head south! I'll meet guys you under the pier at about 12:30.

Scubakevdm:
We had a mild North current today up at my end of the beach. Viz was about 50'. Water temp... 75.
I wish I could make it down there. Krista's right, I need to stage gear at various board function locales. Hey! Maybe I'll just jump in on the first dive and head south! I'll meet guys you under the pier at about 12:30.

Deal! If you miss us, you know the way to the house.

What a blast.....! The seas were nice and calm viz around 30+ with a bottom temp of 73. Plenty to see today and Jenny made a new best friend whom loved her dearly on this dive... :laughing: A few trigger fish took interest in all of us but hung around Jen the most, it even tried to eat her hair :laughing: Seeing how she's MUCH better with the fish ID thing I'll let her name what we saw out there. I had a great time hanging out at Mulligans with everyone too.... Ya know guys, we really ought to do this more often.

Cheers,
Vickie

I had a great time too- flooding mask & underweighted & all. My new hooded vest did the trick- I was never cold throughout the dive. Some one remind me to drop my tank back down next time.....fan(t)a(s)tic, thanks or posting- we've all been missing the water way too much & you gave us some much needed motivation- come back & dive with us again soon. James, it was terrific meeting you- next time, take the conditioner, dude! Krista, Vickie & Jenny- we may need to put together chick dive day again soon. And, last, but not least, it was so good to see & dive with my good friend Dan, WileEDiver from California. Renee wound up having to go to work but not befor she dropped by with banana nu & date nut bread- which I got to keep! :wink:

James was talking about doing it again next week- should we start a thread?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom