Diving Philippines Oct 2nd -9th Up to date Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chinakent

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gooday all,

I am an Aussie living in China, been diving along time, have dived the Philippines a few times and heading back again.
I am after some up to date info on best places to dive in October, lots of posts but a lot years old. Flying in Saturday am, 2nd October for a week.
Have dived with the whale sharks, Apo Island, Pt Galara, Subic Bay, Bohol so any other suggestions appreciated. Recommendations of good dive companies would also be great.
Liveaboards info would also be appreciated.

thanks in anticipation ChinaKent

I'm by no means an expert on the area but I do have an opinion to share. :D Sogod Bay Scuba Resort was a personal standout.

Have fun with whatever you decide and be sure to post a trip report. :)

I agree with annasea with respect to diving Sogod Bay. It would be a nice addition to your Philippines repertoire. Not the easiest place to get to--5 hour drive from Tacloban, Leyte, but well worth it. Peter's is the other dive shop to consider, but both are very good. Napantao is one of the best coral dives in the Phils. This place is all about diving with little else. I have attached a video taken last April.
Diving Magical Sogod Bay, Philippines on Vimeo

This time around you should dive in Cebu. There are 2 popular choices these days.
(1) Pescador in Moalboal where the huge ball of sardines migrated earlier this year and now everyone in the Philippines is scrambling to see them before they dissed. There are thresher shark and whale sharks there feeding on the sardines. It's a magnificent site. I've not been there but I will get there soon.

(2) Malapascua - almost guaranteed thresher shark sighting in Monad shoal and if you're lucky, mantas too. I was recently there and have updated account and videos on my blog. Find the link on my signature below (I cannot post link yet). Anyhow, I've plenty of other scuba diving posts in this blog too.

I recommend diving in Cebu. Mactan Island and Olango Island are top choice. On Mactan site top dive sites include: Marigondon Cave and Shangri-la Marine sanctuary, Talima dive site on Olango Island and finally Nalusuan & Hilutungan sanctuaries.
I recommend Kontiki Divers in Maribago, Mactan. Their website: scuba diving in cebu | PADI dive courses cebu
Cheers

+1 on this suggestion. These are 2 prime dive destinations easy to get from one to another.

In Moalboal Nelson,s gets good reviews, and malapascua, Matt Reed at Evolution diving is a great guy who hangs out here and knows what he is doing (i'd give him a try).

Have fun destination shopping!:coffee:

This time around you should dive in Cebu. There are 2 popular choices these days.
(1) Pescador in Moalboal where the huge ball of sardines migrated earlier this year and now everyone in the Philippines is scrambling to see them before they dissed. There are thresher shark and whale sharks there feeding on the sardines. It's a magnificent site. I've not been there but I will get there soon.

(2) Malapascua - almost guaranteed thresher shark sighting in Monad shoal and if you're lucky, mantas too. I was recently there and have updated account and videos on my blog. Find the link on my signature below (I cannot post link yet). Anyhow, I've plenty of other scuba diving posts in this blog too.

Back
Top Bottom