Diving "RELATED" injury Saturday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dc4bs:
Here's why I was laughing when simbrooks suggested I put a bookcase near my bed...
Maybe you need to offload some of those books, start up a library, a book club or a heavy visit to a charity store!! I probably only have about 150 books to my name and 300+CD's, couldnt imagine hauling that huge number of books around with me on each move i have made!

GDI:
So dc4bs I must ask? Do you have them in alphabetical order?

Ummm....

Not by title.

They are sorted in order by author though and most series are in order.

Back in college, I attempted a card catalog but gave up on that idea prety quick (I had a box of index cards I brought in to school and I'd take requests for loans based on that and bring them in the next time I went home).

BTW: That's an older pic. I have added a wall-to-wall shelf above the PC monitor in the lower left corner of the pic as well now. Runs right across over the doorway I'm standing in to take the pic. The lower, right 2 shelves are now DVDs and PC game CDs.

As to moving them... Yah, the pile of heavy book boxes grows each time. Luckily I havn't had to move in the last 4 years and don't plan to move any time soon.

dc4bs:
Here's why I was laughing when simbrooks suggested I put a bookcase near my bed...
I have a similar book shelf.
When I was 28, I got tired of moving all those books around, and in a moment of insanity (encouraged by my loving wife) I dumped hundreds of books into the dumpster.
I'm now 45 and have about twice as many book as what I tossed years ago, but, I rarely move now. Mine are in no order at all, and you can often see me moving slowly back and forth along the book shelf, peering at titles in hope of discovering something interesting to re-read.
BTW, I was recently injured by a bungee cord. After having my new BP/wings rig fall dangerously from the SUV bed to the ground, I started attaching a bungee cord around the valve and then to a latch inside the truck so it wouldn't fall again. Of course, I forgot about it, donned the rig, stood up and started off until the cord stretched out as far as it could, snapped off the latch in the truck and smacked the hook against the back of my head.
I didn't even say a bad word.
Really...

I cut down my library.

I only kept about 300 volumes and gave away, donated and sold a little over 10,000.
They wouldn't fit in my 28' trimaran that I was moving onto. :D

pipedope:
I cut down my library.

I only kept about 300 volumes and gave away, donated and sold a little over 10,000.
They wouldn't fit in my 28' trimaran that I was moving onto. :D

I used to know a guy who lived on a 35 foot sailboat in New Jersey.

He kept it in a marina by the highlands. In the coldest part of the winter, it would get pulled out of the water for 3-4 months and he'd go get the smallest, cheapest studio apartment he could find to stay in.

I remember he came in to work one day all proud of himself because he had bought some furniture.

He had gotten a folding chair so now he had a place to hang his jacket at night and could work on his laptop without having to sit on the floor.

He literaly had nothing but a few blankets and a pillow on the floor for a bed and a few clothes in his closet during the winter.

BUT he was happy cause by doing this he could afford to own and live on his boat the rest of the year.

Not a lifestile choice I would make but hey, "whatever floats your boat".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom