Diving related stuff to keep busy during lockdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the FB page ‘Deco for Divers’:

Tomorrow Mark will be doing an online webinar for The Diver Medic talking about some real life DCI cases. This is not theory this is about three real DCI incidents and what we can learn from them.

Mark Powell - Wednesday 15th April 6pm (GMT +1)
https://webinar.getresponse.com/wqB63/mark-powell---real-life-dci-life-case-studies

The full list of webinars, as well as recording of them after the event are avcailabe on The Diver Medic webpage.

Training you to handle Dive Emergencies!

Strength and Cardio workouts are always helpful and a great use of time. I have been busy with Mark Lauren "You Are Your Own Gym" and.Bill Phillips "Body For Life".

Strength and Cardio workouts are always helpful and a great use of time. I have been busy with Mark Lauren "You Are Your Own Gym" and.Bill Phillips "Body For Life".

I tried to do cardio inside. Just wasn't doing the job. Got a free bike. I've only been able to get out twice due to weather, but it was a much better workout.

I use the stationary bike and watch TV doing it. Less boring than a walk.

I have not done much yoga and no meditation at all.

Can you explain to me how I would get started in meditation and how that would improve my diving ?

I just like to try stuff, I thought I would try this to learn to be more efficient at breathing: currently my SAC is on the high side if I do not focus on my breathing.

On any dive where I focus on my breathing, I can drastically drop my SAC.

I will send you a PM. One thing I found is that when I don't think about my breathing, I do much better.

I also use the frog kick which has a built in glide cycle which will help to lower your gas consumption a bit.

Mark Powell’s talk about real life DCI cases

Somehow I forgot that all RAID theory materials are free at the moment, so you can read them and do quizzes
Linky? Pls?

Me, I'd like to re-read JYC's books which I inhaled as a kid. Problem is, most of them are out of print, and the libraries are closed ATM. As is my LDS, so no gear service. And I'm staying on shore, because I don't want to be the oaf who taxes the health services unnecessarily now that they're gearing up to be prepared for a bunch of CoV-cases. Even though the risk of me needing an airlift and a chamber treatment is rather minor. Those folks have more than enough to worry about, and me not getting in the water is definitely a 1st world problem.

Linky? Pls?

Me, I'd like to re-read JYC's books which I inhaled as a kid. Problem is, most of them are out of print, and the libraries are closed ATM. As is my LDS, so no gear service. And I'm staying on shore, because I don't want to be the oaf who taxes the health services unnecessarily now that they're gearing up to be prepared for a bunch of CoV-cases. Even though the risk of me needing an airlift and a chamber treatment is rather minor. Those folks have more than enough to worry about, and me not getting in the water is definitely a 1st world problem.

• Go on diveraid.com
  • Then click on the picture free e-learning
At the moment you cannot use the app for free e-learning.

Have you checked if the Cousteau books can be found on Kindle ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom