Diving SC for the Labor Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are wanting to come down for the holiday weekend. We will be bringing our 13 yr old daughter. We are looking for a good dive operator. We have looked at Nu Horizons, Coastal Scuba. It looks like Coastal Scuba has the in shore dives we are looking for with openings. Can anyone recomm. any shop for the area?? Anything we need to know or be aware of for the area??

Expresswatersports.com This the charter operation I would go with. The sites they have listed that weekend are good sites and it is a much better dive operation.

I can second the opinion for Expresswatersports (also known as Scuba Express) in Murrells Inlet. I have been pleased when I have used them. I think there is a coupon for a slight discount at the SC Welcome Center. Maybe $5.00.

I am diving Express these days but Coastal still has a good operation. You can also look at Willmington and Carolina Beach for some offshore diving. Try Aquatic Safaris or Cape Fear Dive Center. Charleston Scuba in Charleston runs offshore to some pretty nice ledges.

WATCH THE WEATHER.

Many boats will not go out with 4 foot or higher seas. Apparently for insurance reasons.

I third would go with Express. I dove with them at the end of July. Again as Lee said watch the weather. I would try to get a dive in as early as possible when you go due to the weather. I dove on Sunday (first full day of vacation) at Goldfinch and had another dive on Wednesday of that same week scheduled for the Bill Perry. Unfortunately, the dive was cancelled due to 4.5' seas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom