diving the Merrimack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone out there dived the Merrimack River around the Lowell/tyngsboro area? would be an interesting dive I think...

--L1234

lord1234:
Anyone out there dived the Merrimack River around the Lowell/tyngsboro area? would be an interesting dive I think...

--L1234

hey leo,
if you drive over the rouarke bridge in loweel heading towards the blvd and if you look to your left and see a pontoon boat with the dive flag, he will take you where ever you want to go for $25 hr. down by heritage ice cream there is a beach there and i dove it a few yrs back just to get wet. lots and lots of suprises in the water so just be prepare if you decide to dive it. you;ll never know what you might find????????????

nite_diver

nite_diver:
hey leo,
if you drive over the rouarke bridge in loweel heading towards the blvd and if you look to your left and see a pontoon boat with the dive flag, he will take you where ever you want to go for $25 hr. down by heritage ice cream there is a beach there and i dove it a few yrs back just to get wet. lots and lots of suprises in the water so just be prepare if you decide to dive it. you;ll never know what you might find????????????

nite_diver
Damn, you've got me intrigued.....might have to take a road trip, or a detour on my way to Cape Ann in a few weeks to get salty,
Chris

Vtdiver2:
Damn, you've got me intrigued.....might have to take a road trip, or a detour on my way to Cape Ann in a few weeks to get salty,
Chris

you'll get any thing but salty diving the this river. I wouldn't even bother to make this a detour unless you are into finding tires and what nots up by Lowell any way. Down by where it enters into the ocean a few divers and swimmers have been lost never to be seen again.

nite_diver

nite_diver:
you'll get any thing but salty diving the this river. I wouldn't even bother to make this a detour unless you are into finding tires and what nots up by Lowell any way. Down by where it enters into the ocean a few divers and swimmers have been lost never to be seen again.

nite_diver
Think I'll stick with Folly Cove or Back Beach :D

yea I am looking to get wet...anyone interested in buddying up?

nite_diver:

nite_diver
yea, it gets pretty bad, i live right near that river and the current is extremely strong.. if you wana dive in a river, maybe you'd be intrested in the Parker River, and diving in the mouth before it enters plum island sound, maybe u could do a drift dive.

lord1234:

i'll get wet with you but not the merrimac. will be at folley tomorrow morning at 8:15ish. high tide is 12ish and hoping to do two tanks if you are interested.

nite_diver

lord1234:

I have fewer dive plans than I'd like through Labor Day. I'm just west of Kennebunk Me, will go south as far as seacoast NH.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom