Diving the Spiegal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't tried Pierre's but it looks inviting :)

I've always enjoyed Bentley's in Islamorada as well.

I usually enjoy Hobo's..., but Brian will kill me if I don't mention they were 'off their game' the last two times we visited....

I usually enjoy Hobo's..., but Brian will kill me if I don't mention they were 'off their game' the last two times we visited....

Last time we were there we had lunch at a great little place that sits right on US 1. It's just north of MM100 but not too far up... maybe a mile maybe a little less. Is one of those places you will drive right by even it you are looking for it (speaking from experience!). Looks like a house and has pretty trees in front of it, which is one reason you will drive right by. If you need a quick place to eat between dives it's a ton better than Wendy's and faster than Hobo's. Some of the dive boats will call in the order on the way in. Just remember they had a fantastic Portobello Mushroom wrap. If anyone knows the name please let me know. Seems like it may have had Key Largo in the name even.

Thanks man! Are you guys coming down for Wreckfest in August? Press releases not out yet, but it will be 2- 10th. We could have a S.C.R.U.B.S. day!

Sounds like a plan! I'll start putting something together. I'll get a hold of you for the details.

Mmmmm...the FIsh house..... My wife STILL talks about the pan seared grouper!

Mrs Macs has GREAT conch chowder!

And I also agree with the person that suggested Bentley's in Islamorada! Great food all over the place down there!

Where did you dive instead?

One day all charters were canceled. Then the next we went out with Ocean Divers to do molasses. If you have a choice of what reef dive I'd definitely recommended Snappers Ledge. I also enjoyed the Benwood Wreck.

Just dove the Spiegel for the first time yesterday. It really is a great ship. Next time I hope to go there without a class so I can spend more time exploring it.

Last time we were there we had lunch at a great little place that sits right on US 1. It's just north of MM100 but not too far up... maybe a mile maybe a little less. Is one of those places you will drive right by even it you are looking for it (speaking from experience!). Looks like a house and has pretty trees in front of it, which is one reason you will drive right by. If you need a quick place to eat between dives it's a ton better than Wendy's and faster than Hobo's. Some of the dive boats will call in the order on the way in. Just remember they had a fantastic Portobello Mushroom wrap. If anyone knows the name please let me know. Seems like it may have had Key Largo in the name even.
K.L. Coffee House/K.L. Conch House

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom