Diving This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the title to this thread.............where, when, how, why, who??????????

hermosadive:
We are doing a midnight dive on Friday/Sat for bugs in PV. 5 of us so far. PM me if you're interested. I believe ICY ICE will be with us.

Sunday, Longpoint/Old Marineland dive is being planned. This is a fun dive in PV if you've never been there. Most likely it will be around 8-8:30am. PM if you want to join us.

Roland

Looks like if you dont mind I would be interested in diving with you guys fri/sat in PV. I have never been diving there and would love to give it a whirl.

Jennifer do you think you can make it down as well.....if you do saintsfan has offered to carpool you out this way if you can make it. Give me a call and I will give you the details.

Stacy I am still up for a Sunday dive with you and Icy Ice. I want to have the dive out here local though and not in OC...do you think you would be willing to drive out this way?

So its look like my Sat. night is still free for a dive....
Ana

ICY ICE:
Ana,

There are many dive sites over Kanan Dume. Once on PCH your 5 min to the Pt. Dume site. You can go north and there are 8 site before the Ventura county line (Leo Carrillo), or South there are 8 sites ending at Gladstones's (Sunset Blvd). "17 dive sites" - not enough time,

From Northridge you are aprox 23 miles to PCH/Pt.Dume dive site.

Hermosadiver and a group of us will be at PV on Friday night, everyone is welcome to join us for opener - bring 2 tanks if possible.

ICE

I live in Thousand Oaks... I am working on Friday. I am not sure how late I have to work... But If and thats a big IF, I can get off intime I may want to go for a couple bugs on friday night (12:01). I will not be around the internet but can someone call me once you decide where you are going.

My mobile number is (818) 201-4692

Jonas

wrinkles:
Stacy I am still up for a Sunday dive with you and Icy Ice. I want to have the dive out here local though and not in OC...do you think you would be willing to drive out this way?
Ana,
That shouldn't be a problem for me - it's not that much farther to get to LA than LAguna. The only problem is that I'm not familiar with the dive sites up there. I'll have to check with Nap (my buddy) and see if he has a problem with the drive, though - since he's usually my transportation, it's nice to give him a chance for input. :wink:
Pick a place and time (hopefully after 8) and I'll let you know what he says.

Ana,

I can't dive Friday night after all, have a happy hour thing to attend. BUT, I could do Saturday night if you get something going that night!!

Thanks to Bobby for offering to car pool... maybe I will come and at least watch you all attempt to find lobsters :wink: !!

RE: Malaga Cove Bugfest

I'll put together a simple map which will explain the parking and dive and upload it shortly. All are welcome. Stay tuned

JonasDolkart:
I live in Thousand Oaks... I am working on Friday. I am not sure how late I have to work... But If and thats a big IF, I can get off intime I may want to go for a couple bugs on friday night (12:01). I will not be around the internet but can someone call me once you decide where you are going.

My mobile number is (818) 201-4692

Jonas

Jonas,

This Fri/Sat were meeting/diving at Maloga Cove in Rancho Palos Verdes, Hermosadiver is posting the detail hopefully by noon tomorrow. I'll see you there if you can do the drive.

ICE

Here's a link to the rough game plan for opening night diving in Malaga Cove with us: http://homepage.mac.com/rolandbaker/Personal16.html

There will be a group of us going, approx 6-8. You don't need to hunt bugs to join us. This is a pretty easy dive site with a couple options for entry (beach or rock). Shallow and close to shore. You should be comfortable doing a night dive if you plan to come.

My map is pretty accurate, but use your Thomas guide or MapQuest if you are not from the area. I can not be responsible for the parking suggestions I've made. They are based on the signage I saw today as I drove through.

Lets have fun!

Roland

looking forward to meeting you guys,just out of curiosity how big is the "HILL" you mentioned in the link.this is my 1st time in that area.

Sigh...too far to go. Oh well, there is Laguna some night this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom