Diving Tips From Experienced SB Divers to nOObies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dramamine, Bonine, the patch, the bracelet, whatever... read the instructions and begin taking them before you need them on the boat!
If all fails, find out where the leeward side of the boat is and bring a bottle of water to rinse afterward. Do not, repeat, do not go downstairs to the head.

Thank you for your consideration. You have good company :wink:

Don't trust everything you read on the internet. There are usually different opinions to virtually every issue (including this one...hehehehe).

This is going to sound a little zen...

When you get in the water, act like you belong. Look at the fish, how they seem to move from place to place almost effortlessly. Notice their streamlined and horizontal position in the water. Observe how they are never in a hurry unless there is a darn good reason. That's how you should strive to be.

Brian

Benthic:
This is going to sound a little zen...

When you get in the water, act like you belong. Look at the fish, how they seem to move from place to place almost effortlessly. Notice their streamlined and horizontal position in the water. Observe how they are never in a hurry unless there is a darn good reason. That's how you should strive to be.

Brian

'Watch a fish' is a good one; I tell students that all the time.

Always enjoy the type of diving your doing. We are always best, aware and most prepared in things we enjoy the doing most. And never ever go beyond your limitations - a good diver always knows, understands and is comfortable with their limitations.

-----

Mike.

doole:
'Watch a fish' is a good one; I tell students that all the time.

I had a fish in lake washington the other day turn and look directly at me and then start back kicking away from me... I can only wonder what was going through that fish's mind...

lamont:
I had a fish in lake washington the other day turn and look directly at me and then start back kicking away from me... I can only wonder what was going through that fish's mind...

I'm pretty sure it was that spear you were holding.

Plan your dive and dive your plan always do a buddy check...BWRAF and don't dive beyond your limits...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom