Diving Tulum (Sunscape) info please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

julieetsimon

Reaction score
Hi,

We want to go to Tulum this november, we think about the Sunscape Tulum because this is the only place with a kids club for babies with a dive center on site. So how is the dive near Tulum and how is the dive center at Sunscape.

Thanks

Julie :wink:

I'll be in Tulum in 25 days. I can't wait. I am diving with Abyss dive shop. I have never done any diving in the area but will post a report when I return. I've done quite a few dives in Coz but I'm not expecting it to be as good in Tulum. I started a thread asking about diving in the area and got the standard "don't miss the cenotes" but not a lot of other information. I'm really curious to see how it is.

I have some Pictures dscn1086-1100 are the sunscape resort, taken last october. The dive shop is actually just a hut on the beach (branch office of a local Dive shop, not an actual shop/compressor etc)

We havn't actually used them yet, but plan on it in about 4 weeks.

julieetsimon:
Hi,

We want to go to Tulum this november, we think about the Sunscape Tulum because this is the only place with a kids club for babies with a dive center on site. So how is the dive near Tulum and how is the dive center at Sunscape.

Thanks

Julie :wink:

I'll post a response to this thread when we get back and let you know how it was. We've stayed at two other AI resorts in the same general area but this is our first time at the Sunscape. I got my OW certification last year at another resort just down the road. I enjoyed the diving there very much but obviously I have nothing else to compare it to. I plan on using the on-site diving shop while I'm at the Sunscape. You can check out their website at http://www.mayadiving.net/ .

We will be staying at Sunscape from Oct. 23 to Oct 30, then moving up the road to a condo in Ackumal. We will be diving with the shop at the resort at least once but spending alot of time with our next level of cave training. Will do a report upon return. What dates will you guys be there and where are from?

Kaz

Hi,

Thanks !

Will be there mid november.

Hope the dives will be good :)

Have a nice trip.

Julie

KazInAz:
We will be staying at Sunscape from Oct. 23 to Oct 30, then moving up the road to a condo in Ackumal. We will be diving with the shop at the resort at least once but spending alot of time with our next level of cave training. Will do a report upon return. What dates will you guys be there and where are from?

Kaz

We're leaving in three days. We'll be there from Oct 12 to Oct 22.

KazInAz:

Kaz

We won't be home until late on the 22nd so it's not likely that I'll have anything posted before you go. However, if I come across anything that you need to watch out for, I'll post it that night. Let's say that no news is good news.

If you haven't checked out the reviews at tripadvisor.com I would suggest that you do. The difference between having a great time or "the vacation from hell" seems to be whether or not you get a good room the day you check in. They seem to have a few bad rooms (musty odor, bad a/c, broken safe, etc) and they won't be in a hurry to move you if you get one of them. Nine out of ten folks love the place though and you'll get some great advice reading their reviews.

By the way, I've already started exchanging emails with the dive shop (info@mayadiving.net). They responded very quickly which seems like a good sign.

Also, we just recently found a site with a good variety of pictures from the Sunscape. If you want to see what it looks like try:

http://www.baxtertravels.com/sunscapetulum2.html

24 hours and counting...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom