Diving with sharks at the Cleveland Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done the Epcot dive (a couple of times). One of the coolest features is interacting with all of the kids and adults on the other side of the glass. When my daughter was younger it was a nice way for her to experience her parents addiction. It is a wonderful way to introduce the world to what we do.
The other benefit is that the money (typically) supports the facility. The Epcot money is used to support Disney's wild life research and conservation efforts.

So Jim, take the grandkids to Disney and show them where their inheritance is going---dive gear.

With much love,

Bus

Thanks for the response...I am concerned that they dont allow camera gear in...was thinking that it would be a good way to get close ups of the sharks...I know the Mall of America has one as well and they encourage camera gear...

The best way to find out if cameras are allowed is to call or email them directly as there is nothing on the website. It is quite possible that personal cameras are not allowed. Most aquariums that I have seen do not allow personal equipment into their tanks for fear of cross contamination. While this is highly remote, if it does happen it could seriously harm the aquatic life in the tank. While it might seem that just a really good pre-wash/santization is all that would be required, many directors are very protective of their aquariums...one death would be horrible.

But there are some aquariums that do allow personal camera. The Dubai Aquarium did not. The Denver Aquarium will if you take the PADI UW Photography/Videography course(s), but I am not sure on their shark dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom