DIY glue on wrist seals on a DUI clx450?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally awesome that you did your own repair. As long as it works, then you succeeded. I would recommend a swimming pool and some cotton clothing, or a pressurized bubble check with dish washing liquid to confirm repair before attempting to go diving. I put my drygloves on, and use an empty plastic food container to seal the neck. Close the exhaust valve and with a hose connected to the inflator, I use my low pressure air compressor to blow my suit up into a giant balloon. Then with a spray bottle, check the repair and suit for bubbles.

From my prior post.
Although I have a set of SI Tech permanent mount wrist rings, and a set of dry gloves for when my seals finally let go. This will allow me to service my seals in the field. My partners suit came with the wrist seal system and it has worked great after changing the glove o-ring size.
Read this thread for more info about the o-ring issue. It should help you decide how you want to approach it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/405488-sitech-dry-glove-problem.html

Ok that pressure test sounds better than what I did:) I just filled my slop sink in the basement up with cold water, and put my arms with, and without the dry gloves on, and no water came through the suit. But that's almost no pressure 1.5 feet deep in a sink. I'll sure give the real pressure test a shot.

Well if anyone cares.... They work great. My hands are big so it's kind of a pain getting through the seals, but I don't think that will change no matter what kind of system I have on here:)

+1 for the sitech cuff system

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom