DIY USB cables for Suunto Zoop Novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might get a more technical response in a subsurface thread, or perhaps at the irc channel (#subsurface on freenode).

Ask electronics on reddit could be helpful as well.

Thanks for the advice. I've broadened my search a bit. Will report back here if I have some success!

Sean

You can mail order interfaces at Smartinterface – Your online shop for dive related accessories I haven't tried those with the Zoop Novo but for other Suunto computers they work very well (and are much cheaper than the Suunto original cables). Maybe a bit more expensive than DIY, but apprently tested. Note that they have different interfaces for Zoop and Zoop Novo!

I ended up mail ordering the cable from Smartinterface (after several failed DIY attempts and realizing it is probably a 3 wire interface now). Cable came today (US) after less than 2 weeks of wait and even over the Christmas/New Year break. Works great and the cable looks solidly constructed with strain relief and a velcro wrap.

Also bought a replacement battery/o-ring at the same time -- they were selling them for ~$5 euros as opposed to $14+ on Amazon, and since I meant to get one anyway, this helped a bit with the perceived cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom