Sold! Suunto Vyper Novo & AI Transmitter Package (or individual) Plus Spares

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I've moved on to more technically oriented computers, so It is time to part with my Suunto set.

This will give you an Air-integrated, compass computer + transmitter to monitor/track your air-pressure .

Updated with individual/group pricing and to reflect Zoop being sold.. I would strongly prefer keeping it all together and F2F if reasonably possible (not a hard limit)

Package consists of:

$260 - Vyper Novo Computer: Standard band, Screen Protector, Button Boot, Bungee Hardware (original, never-installed), USB Data Cable, Official SUUNTO 2-Pack Battery Kit (2x - battery, screws, o-ring), Extra Battery. Freshly back from Suunto's service center for their preventative checkout (got a new batter there too).

SOLD $160 - Zoop Novo Computer: Standard band, NO Screen Protector (factory replacements are available on Ebay, etc. but I would probably use the newer on-screen film protectors that are now available), Button Boot (upgrade), USB Data Cable (upgrade), Official SUUNTO 2-Pack Battery Kit (2x - battery, screws, o-ring), Extra Battery.

$210 - DP173 Wireless Tank Transmitter: Recall Completed, Regulator-Mount and Hose-Mount(Spool) Flow-limiters, 9 O-Rings for future battery replacements.

Vyper Novo and Transmitter - both for $430

I ship everything UPS Insured. Looking at the rates, shipping would likely be around $20 per shipment on the east coast or just a tad more for some western major-metros. If you are in the boonies, like the the islands or middle of Washington it will be more. Combinations will have little impact (only to marginal insurance cost.) I will show you the actual UPS quote before payment. AK, HI, territories, foreign - we'll talk.

Prices net to me. I can receive PP.

As with all Scuba Equipment - You should have the items evaluated/tested/serviced by a competent service facility before use.

SuuntoSet-Front.jpg

SuuntoSet-Rear.jpg

Pictures of individual pieces following:

ZOOP IS SOLD - Leaving for reference only.

Zoop Novo Pics:
SuuntoZoopNovo-Package2.jpg

Totals:
SuuntoZoopNovo-Totals.jpg

SuuntoZoopNovo-Rear.jpg

I might be interested in all. How old are these…. They look quite clean…

The Zoop and then the Vyper were both purchased new in the first half of 2017.
I added the Transmitter used, but fresh-back from the recall service (where they they evidently checked it out and gave you the flow restrictors) near the end of 2018.

As I migrated to a Buhlmann "tec" type computer, the Zoop and Transmitter were retired in August 2019 and the Vyper rode in a pocket as a backup until I got a second tec computer in December 2019. All have been sitting in their boxes since then.

They are in excellent condition. Zoop showing 14 hours and Vyper, 36 hours of diving. I don't have a total time on the Transmitter, but It would be less than 14 hours since I received it. (I went AI with an MH8A Transmitter with my first tec unit, retiring the Zoop and the Transmitter at that time.)

The only thing "wrong" that I am aware of is the missing snap-on screen protector for the Zoop. One of the tabs on the protector broke off. I would instead recommend using the pre-cut film type screen protectors as the actual screen is well-recessed below the front of the NOVO computers and the factory protector sits high, making it subject to scuffing itself and 2 additional optical interfaces. If you wanted to replace the factory protector on the Zoop they are about $20 on Ebay.

I was keeping the set for when my son returned to diving. But with 3 tec computers and 4 transmitters already, I can make a combo work for the two of us in any likely situation.

Would you consider just selling the two computers. I don’t really need the AI module at this time. Let me know what you think and if so what you would want…

Also as these computers are pre 2018, were they repaired by Suunto lIke the air module?

Because if the purchase/settlement timing, I didn't realize they might be subject to the "check". I thought it was only the earlier models, and never had a problem with them. I'll reach out to Suunto this week and see about sending them in.

Thanks for bring it to my attention, @HannaBanana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom