Do NOT book at Iberostar if you want to dive with Blue XT Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoc369

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Christi from Blue XT Sea said that she will no longer pick up at Iberostar. We want to dive with her May 8-17 because her op sounds great. She said that The Iberostar is making it really difficult for independent operators to pick up at their pier. She said they are making them do alot of paperwork as well as charging them $1 per diver per day for pickup and drop off. She also said that alot of independents are boycotting The Iberostar and will no longer pick up there. So if you want to dive with her, book her first NOT The Iberostar!

Hey Shoc, her op IS that good. Thanks for the info RE Iberostar. I guess it's their dock, but at least they'll know soon enough that maybe they should reconsider, or lose some clientelle. It's enough to keep me away.

I hope you saw the recent (pulled) thread how she handled a bent diver that wasn't even diving with her (The other Op stood around and did squat by the looks of things). I think one can see that Christi is there for the long haul, and has her head in the game.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately my group has already booked our late May trip at Iberostar. I had heard their dive operation wasn't great, but didn't know they were unfriendly to other operators. I've been looking into other options for a five day package. Could we compare notes on who looks good? I've heard good things about several companies (BlueXT being one) but don't know if they have stopped pick-ups at Iberostar. Perhaps divers should take this up with Iberostar?

Scuba_Steve:
I hope you saw the recent (pulled) thread how she handled a bent diver that wasn't even diving with her (The other Op stood around and did squat by the looks of things). I think one can see that Christi is there for the long haul, and has her head in the game.

That thread is not pulled; I can see it.

Cheers,

Iberostar has NO idea how much business she can steer away from them. We already have our flights booked May 8-17 but I have not booked a hotel yet. We were going to stay at Iberostar or The Grand. We were leaning towards Iberostar because of the chronic problem with The Grand having no room for you upon arrival. I think we are going to chance it and go with The Grand just to be able to dive with Blue XT Sea!

ggun:

The one you can't see anymore :D Trust me :)

Shoc:

Good show! Have fun. Ever thought of the Reef Club, if Iberostar or Grand is your style?

Scuba_Steve:
ggun:

The one you can't see anymore. Trust me.

Do you mean the blow by blow account of the incident from the POV of the bendee? I thought it was in the "update" thread, but you may be correct, it seems to be gone now.

Who pulled it and why? I found the details of what happened to be informative, and possibly valuable from a "here's what not to do" standpoint. Was there something in there that we're not supposed to talk about for some reason? It might have been somewhat unflattering to the dive op who took him out, but a lot worse things (IMO) have been posted here that were not censored.

ggunn:
Do you mean the blow by blow account of the incident from the POV of the bendee? I thought it was in the "update" thread, but you may be correct, it seems to be gone now.

Who pulled it and why? I found the details of what happened to be informative, and possibly valuable from a "here's what not to do" standpoint. Was there something in there that we're not supposed to talk about for some reason? It might have been somewhat unflattering to the dive op who took him out, but a lot worse things (IMO) have been posted here that were not censored.

Chuck is going to repost it on his own. After some thought and discussion with a moderator who I very much respect, we decided it would be best if Chuck posted it himself. The comments and opinions in the story are Chuck's own, and I did not change anything at all, but since I posted it on his behalf, intent can easily be misconstrued. I do have a friendly and professional relationship with the shop he was diving with and wish no ill whatsoever to them. They have earned an excellent reputation.

Chuck has been resting all afternoon, so I suspect he will repost it tomorrow. He has posted it on some Cozumel related boards.

Thanks, Christi. You are a class act.

ggunn:
Thanks, Christi. You are a class act.

It was a collaborative decision...so don't give me all the credit :wink: It's been a rough couple of weeks for all involved and I just hope it can be used for people to learn from and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom