Do small children belong at exclusive dive resorts? In first Class?

Should small children be at dive resorts? First Class?

• Yes on both counts.

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Yes at the resort, no for first class.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • No kids at the resort - first class = OK

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No for both locations!

Votes: 35 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have kids.
I fly them first class (sometimes) and take them to first class resorts. I work hard to earn the perks and vacations I get to enjoy. It's too bad some parents have trouble with their kids but I refuse to let it stop me from enjoying my time with my family.

Quote from comedian Steven Wright on the subject:
"Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... It pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say, "What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!"

Personally don't mind if there are kids about as long as they're well behaved but then again, who actually likes a child, or adult for that matter, running amok?

robh:
I have kids.
I fly them first class (sometimes) and take them to first class resorts. I work hard to earn the perks and vacations I get to enjoy. It's too bad some parents have trouble with their kids but I refuse to let it stop me from enjoying my time with my family.

First the disclaimers....I don't have kids myself....also, I use "you" in the generic sense, not in the "robh personally" sense, ok?

You know, if you behave and your kids behave, then I'll happily invite you to eat at my table, and I'll enjoy sitting next to you on any flight -- regardless of class.

If you behave and your kids don't, then you're welcome (although a bad parent) but your kids arent. If your kids behave, but you don't, then your kids are welcome, but I'll have security drag you out by your balls (and you're still a bad parent).

I in general assume that, until proven otherwise, both you and your kids are well behaving. There....:wink:

Kids are kids and I have slightly more patience with them than with adults. But it doesn't come down to "kids or no kids", it comes down to behavior. And I've seen adults behave worse than any kid ever could.

Good behavior is not reserved for adults -- as is bas behavior not reserved to kids.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom