Do the o'hana wear gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't worn gloves here since about my tenth or so shore dive when I figured out rock boring urchins are nearly always below the level of the surface of the rock they've bored a hole into.

They're a waste time unless you are extremely prone to gettting cold, or want to have a license to grab everything in sight (at least that's how it appears with a lot of people I see wearing gloves).

I wear gloves, nice to have if you reposition the anchor, step ladders can sometimes reach out and bite ya, my game bag has a safety catch that has some sharp points..

Thanks Friscuba, now I know why I touch everything in sight............................

mrjimboalaska:
I wear gloves, nice to have if you reposition the anchor, step ladders can sometimes reach out and bite ya, my game bag has a safety catch that has some sharp points..

Thanks Friscuba, now I know why I touch everything in sight............................

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I don't wear gloves.

Some dive ops don't allow gloves to be worn. If I have a diver that wants to wear them I tell them that gloves are a privelige not a right. You can wear them but no touching, please.

BTW, Friscuba is correct. Most people (weither they wear gloves or not) view gloves as a license to touch.

You won't need gloves for the cold, only if your hands are as delicate and frail as Mr. Jombo. :rofl3: Sorry dude, I couldn't resist. :D

LioKai:
If I have a diver that wants to wear them I tell them that gloves are a privelige not a right.
WHAT?!?
You have got to be kidding me... Do you even wear a little PADI Scuba Police badge when you dive?

I honestly think that the 'no glove' thing has gone waaay overboard. If divers are such a destructive presence underwater, then why do you dive? My official stance is that casual divers, with a touch here and there, do far more good through awareness than the menisque damage that a touch could ever do.

With that being said... I... like Jim and S&D, wear my gloves for a little extra protection on every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom