Do the o'hana wear gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y:
But then it is mandatory that you wear a 'glove' on other parts... otherwise you are just being reckless...

Now that right there is funny. :coffee:

I carry one glove. If the current is strong and I have to use the down line, I'll glove that one hand only.

ahh.. like michael jackson..

and we digress even further =/

btw.. i wear gloves for protection/safety.. especially on surfy-shore dives and wreck dives..
(touching bare rock is okay.. right? [rhetorical])

I only wear gloves while making love. Getting certified on a rebreather has really extended my bottom time.

Gloves, like any other part of your dive gear, can be a tool that you use or need on the dive. It's warm enough here that you typically won't need them for thermal reasons, though some people get cold easily and they benefit from them. I'll wear gloves if I am hunting or working on something that would require gloves for protection from cuts and scrapes. Like it has been mentioned, gloves don't give you the right to touch everything. Whether you wear gloves or not, you should always look before you touch and be gentle and cautious about where you place your hands and pay attention to how much pressure you apply when you do touch. There are safe places and things to touch and there are plenty of things that should never be touched. I think the rule that "gloves are not allowed" is bunk. It's better to educate people on why touching can be bad than to just say "No Gloves For You Today!"

I wear glove because for my warm water setup my gauges are mounted on my left glove cuff and I don't feel like doing a Michael Jackon impersonation. No touch is the way to go, but quite frankly I see more damage being done by divers with no buoyancy skills than wearing gloves.

Back
Top Bottom