Do they serve coors light in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...but I had to share. I was sitting at the bar at the Black Forest Brewing Company a couple weeks ago, enjoying a mug of Oat Stout and a guy walked up and asked Sam (the Brewmaster) what he had that was "like Coors Light"? Without missing a step, Sam took a pint glass, dipped it full of rinse water from his sink behind the bar and set the glass on the bar, dripping with clear water. Looked at the guy and told him it was "on the house..."

I blew Oak Stout out my nose trying to keep from breaking up....

I think the guy ordered a Kolsch...

Why drink any LITE beer when your there? Hieniken, Guiness or most other import (for those from the US) are less expensive. Was there in Dec 02 and Bud was one of the most expensive beers to be found.

frankenmuth_tom:
...but I had to share. I was sitting at the bar at the Black Forest Brewing Company a couple weeks ago, enjoying a mug of Oat Stout and a guy walked up and asked Sam (the Brewmaster) what he had that was "like Coors Light"? Without missing a step, Sam took a pint glass, dipped it full of rinse water from his sink behind the bar and set the glass on the bar, dripping with clear water. Looked at the guy and told him it was "on the house..."

I blew Oak Stout out my nose trying to keep from breaking up....

I think the guy ordered a Kolsch...

Oh, that just made my day and factual too!! Who said you can't learn about important topics such as this on the scubaboard?? :bounce:

Stingray is a suitable alternative to Coors Light. No idea what the alcohol content is, but it was easy to drink.

parrotheaddiver:
You can drink Coors Lite at home. Venture out drink the local beer. Sailbum can probably give you the name of a great local beer. :cheers:

:lol:

I wish. I'm not a fan of Stingray beer, and I don't drink when I have to drive home from Georgetown so I haven't tried the few other local offerings.

Scotty,
I'm going to buck the trend and give you a straight answer. Yes, Coors Light is readily available in Grand Cayman. Enjoy.

Hey Scotty... you're wife can rest assured. They do serve Coors Light here on island and most bars and liquor stores do carry it. My significant other, Keith, hails from CO and will drink no other beer (even though he's been living on island for the last 16 years). I've learned.... If you're a Coor's fan, there is NO alternative!

IMO everyone needs to drink whatever makes them happy. there are those that drink just to get blown away and then there are others that just enjoy the taste of certain drinks and dont care about getting plastered. i say drink what makes you happy for whatever reason you drink.

steve

I am aware of a few places that do. I'm a rum man myself.

Back
Top Bottom