Do you beleive in the supernatural?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hvae any of you guys had a supernatural encounter youd like to share? post em here, still high on the haloween blues!

Sorry - my life is just too grounded in reality for that 'I saw Elvis in a UFO' stuff - although I'm sure such a comment makes an excellent conversation starter, and I'm keen to hear from people on the board who have recently seen The King and/or the mothership...

However.... I work in a remote area and locals recently told me me that a lot of people died a long time ago right where my camp is now located, and since then none of them have ever camped in that area, even though its the most sheltered spot in the region. We wondered why nobody was living here when we built it. Since then some of my staff have been spooked by the sound of a small girl crying at night - we don’t have any children at base, and a search of the area found no one. This has happened twice over the last two years and staff who hear her are all adamant they heard a little girl. However I for one have never heard her and don't believe in such bunkum....

Sleep well,
Rohan.

I'm also quite interested to hear other's experiences.
Don't have any of my own to speak of!

Here in Jamaica ghosts are called 'duppies' or alternately 'rolling calf/calves' but that's more in the rural areas.
Some people are just too superstitious here and blame every odd occurence on 'duppies.'

Not since that song by Stevie Wonder......"Superstition". :wink:

i live in the philippines and the supernatural are part of everyday life here.

i have in fact had encounters in the past: one for instance was when i was on my way home and i was quite intoxicated but functioning quite well. at 3am on my way to the room, (we have a large garden in the house) i saw three kids in white playing. i couldnt see the faces but all i know was that they were giggling and beckoning me into the dark corner of a certain tree. i thought they were my cousins as i have 2 in the next house. they are the same age. all i remember was that they were wearing white and i soon stopped playing around and entered the house and slept. about a year or so later a certain psychic who can see the unseen entered the house and stopped by the tree and mentioned to me that i have three guests, i exclaimed what kind of guests and he said little people, michevious but not evil. anyway this happned when another priest passed by the house years later and mentioned the unseen guests. these people never met and i have never told my drunken story to anyone.

then someone mentioned in a psych class that when you are intoxicated or under the influence of hallucinogens or drugs you are in whats called the threshold between the etheral realm wherein you get a glimpse of the unseen dimension and i guess mine was opned that night. i totally beleive and still get shivers eveytime i think about it.

Here in Okinawa , you probably will see stuff . In my dorms there are constant footsteps im the hallways , and of course nobody is there , you will here keys jiggeling and doors opening in the hallway and nobody is there but you . The other day i say the freakiest thing , i was at the local JUSCO in the parking lot and just acroos from my car i saw a guy staring at me and my friend while we were talking , pretty much cought him in the corner of my eye ( well enough to describe him and his clothes ) as i turned to look directly at him he was ghone , nowere to be seen , just plain gone , didnt get in a car wanst walking away , just plain gone . We have a house on base boarded up and neighbors still call in domestice disputes once or twice a year from that house . There is wierd stuff everywhere on this island.

There's wierd things in "the big room" in the 55yr old house I'm staying at now. It's been confirmed by multiple people who have stayed in the room that there's a little girl that appears in the room.

I didn't believe this at first (when I 1st arrived in the PI I was styaing in the room), but one morning I woke up early and was fixing my necktie in front of the full sized mirror. I looked closer at the mirror and saw a smudge of a face and hands that were too small to be mine or anyone else's in the house.

After that I promptly moved all of my stuff into the other room. A couple of months later, my uncle came to visit and stayed in the big room. He woke up everyone in the middle of the night proclaiming he heard a little girl crying.

Up till now I never go in there. I used to think this stuff was a bunch of crock, but now I'm trying really hard to keep my third eye shut.

The great magician Harry Houdini told his wife he'd visit her from the other side if it was at all possible. To make things fair, they agreed upon some keywords/information that would ensure that it was actually Harry she was talking to.
After he died, his wife went to MANY different people to attempt to communicate with her husband...they were all hoaxes.

Any questions? 'nuf said

chip104:
There's wierd things in "the big room" in the 55yr old house I'm staying at now. It's been confirmed by multiple people who have stayed in the room that there's a little girl that appears in the room.

I didn't believe this at first (when I 1st arrived in the PI I was styaing in the room), but one morning I woke up early and was fixing my necktie in front of the full sized mirror. I looked closer at the mirror and saw a smudge of a face and hands that were too small to be mine or anyone else's in the house.

After that I promptly moved all of my stuff into the other room. A couple of months later, my uncle came to visit and stayed in the big room. He woke up everyone in the middle of the night proclaiming he heard a little girl crying.

Up till now I never go in there. I used to think this stuff was a bunch of crock, but now I'm trying really hard to keep my third eye shut.

yeah man thats some freaky stuff, but that story is pretty common in the pi as you already knew. lots of spirits making themselves felt. i wonder who that little girl was prob a lost soul if you beleive in stuff like that.

when i was in china once we stayed in a hotel that was over 1000 years old near where the terracota soldiers were at, i was half asleep but i seriously heard some freaky stuff and we were the only ones in the floor, there was also stuff moved as well as furniture. cant explain but i bet those things are pretty common in places with a notorious history of death and violence

terrasmak:
Here in Okinawa , you probably will see stuff . In my dorms there are constant footsteps im the hallways , and of course nobody is there , you will here keys jiggeling and doors opening in the hallway and nobody is there but you . The other day i say the freakiest thing , i was at the local JUSCO in the parking lot and just acroos from my car i saw a guy staring at me and my friend while we were talking , pretty much cought him in the corner of my eye ( well enough to describe him and his clothes ) as i turned to look directly at him he was ghone , nowere to be seen , just plain gone , didnt get in a car wanst walking away , just plain gone . We have a house on base boarded up and neighbors still call in domestice disputes once or twice a year from that house . There is wierd stuff everywhere on this island.

i stayed in yokohama kenshu center for my aots seminar and i swear i couldnt sleep alone in my room, felt like their were a pair of eyes piercing me and i always felt chills and my hair stand when id enter my warm room. i slept with my bud nextdoor and was fine but alone is what freaks me out in a place with so much history.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom