Do you do all the dives?

When you do a liveaboard, how many dives do you do?

• Skip most of them and work on your tan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do most but not all of them. I find 4 dives a day to be enough, especially for many days in a row. (I'm no spring chicken anymore!) So usually I will sit out the late afternoon dive if I plan to do the night dive, or skip the night dive in favor of a beer.

All of them.I wouldn't know how to pass my time on a liveaboard otherwise.They're boring.

Most I've been on are 5 a day which I find is a bit too much, especially after a day or 2. I like to have a little more time to just relax, and my ears appreciate the break. I tend to skip late afternoon dives in favor of a night dive. If it's 3-4 dives then I'll usually do them all as long as my ears are cooperating.

If there's a night dive every night I don't do them all, and most people don't seem to, especially as the week goes on. Some people don't like to night dive, and as for the rest - it always sounds like a good idea until you're warm, dry and fed and someone has stuck a bottle of wine in front of you...

I love to dive, but I don't love to dive in rough water or with lots of wind. The easier the diving, the more I dive! First rule of any diving trip? HAVE FUN! If the diving begins to be like work, then I cut back a bit.

Also, some of the shore excursions are way awesome! I found this to be true with Explorer Ventures a few years ago. My trips ashore to Nevis, Statia (St Eustacia) and Saba were incredible and I did not miss the afternoon dives at all. While the diving was spectacular, the cultural and history of these islands were even more so.

Depends on my nitrogen absorption as the day progresses. I dive a conservative profile; if the absorption is kind of high, I'll skip the next dive.

I've done at least 8 liveaboards. I almost always skip a couple at night because the beer sounds better than a cold wet suit.
Someone said they were boring, I couldn't disagree more. I find liveaboards much more interesting than resorts and there is always someone to talk with if you happen to skip a dive.

I might skip one out of 25 or so. My wife will probably skip 3 or 4 out of 25.
I don't dive every week, so when I do get to do a liveaboard, I really love it.
And I'm always thinking in the back of my mind that I'll miss what everyone else saw on the dive I didn't do. On the dives my wife sits out I usually mention the school of mola mola that she just missed :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom