Do you eat before you dive?

Do you eat before a dive?

• I fast before a dive, liquid only.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I fast before a dive, no food nor liquid.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I eat a light meal before a dive.

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • Eating and diving does not bother me, I eat full meals.

Votes: 99 52.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only Puked one time and that was at the surface... I think I was narced a little too much.

I am now taking a ginger pill in the morning of every dive and have had no problems at all. Ginger works better the Dramamine and the others.. plus its cheap and no side affects.

Fish_Whisperer:
My only rule is, NO McDONALD'S!! Since hitting my late thirties, my gastrointestinal system rejects it most vociferously. (and I don't mean by throwing up, either!)
WARHAMMER!

sorry ... somebody had to say it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
WARHAMMER!

sorry ... somebody had to say it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no :no :no

I can't get it out of my mind! Now I'm going to have nightmares again. :11:

Since I never eat breakfast anyway, I don't eat breakfast (except for coffee...gotta have my coffee).
For afternoon dives or night dives, I eat a regular meal before.

Michael

LMAO, Bob! You don't know just how close to the truth that is!

My regular dive buddy and I were driving up to Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, Tennessee. She hadn't eaten breakfast and asked to swing through the drive-thru at Mickey D's, so I obliged. I decided, while there, to get a Sausage McGriddle. (Now referred to as the, "McShi.." er... anyway... *ahem*

The first dive went quite well. We got out, had a bit of lunch, and then went back for the second dive. I was on my way to the far wall of the quarry when I felt an uncomfortable rumbling in my guts, and an escape of bubbles. Trust me: This was not your average "turd signaling for clearance." These things were like depth charges! I made a noise like, ruh-roh..., signaled my buddy that I was having a problem, and then began to swim like hell for the ramp.

It was like something out of a nightmare, where you run and run and can't seem to get anywhere. I swam and swam, and the pressure was building, and I just wasn't making headway fast enough. I finally dragged myself ashore like a beached sea turtle, and then BOLTED up the ramp, feverishly shucked my gear and wetsuit, (Argh!! Those things are IMPOSSIBLE to get off in a hurry!!) and then sprinted for the porta-potty. I made it with not ONE second to spare! Suffice to say, my legs were twitching and I was broke out in a sheen of cold sweat by the time I was finished.

"Screw you, McDonald's!!" *shaking fist*

I can eat anything. I have the stomach of a billy goat and it doesn't bother me the least little bit. Thats just me of course. As for the Sea Sickness. We go deep sea fishig alot in february and december when the seas are the roughest. 15-20 ft. seas and never the least little problem. Never been sea sick but who knows I have heard of it hitting people just all of a sudden and them never being sea sick before but as of now I have never been sick. Now we were fishing one time and it was the only time we have not took a private charter and everyone was sick except me. I mean my dad was even sick and one of the mates was puking. So I'm sitting there and I hear some one hurling and I see this big fat lady peuking her guts out in a gallon zi[p lock bag. It was orange and when the smell hit me I about puked. I went out on the deck and stayed in the freezing ***** rain the whole ride home in 12 ft. seas. But other than that one incident never had a problem.

Fish... I am sitting here laughing my BUTT off.... I can see that picture in my mind.:rofl3:

I have never before thought about having an accident underwater... HA HA HA

Before the morning dive, breakfast is fruits, toasts and coffee.

Regular lunch if afternoon dive, even had pizza between dives !!!!

I often have an energy drink before diving

Fish_Whisperer:
LOL! It's funny NOW. At the time, I was pretty distressed... :rofl3:

I don't think dealing with that "type" of distressed diver is taught in rescue...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom