Do you hear a squeak in your ears when you equalize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i hear it too... little snaps and pops at times too ... painless, right?

yup, I have a little congestion today so I was equalizing, and heard a squeal, but no pain at all, scared myself silly, Called Cheddarguy and told him I thought I blew out my eardrum. He laughed and said he hears it all the time when he equalizes...

yeah... if i have sinus or am stuffy, i'll hear little noises and hisses when i equalize ... it's never been a problem

I did, but I called Cooke's Pest Control. They put some poison down in there, and it's been fine, ever since. :D

Seriously: When I'm a little congested or I wait too long to equalize, I get the "squeaky-pops," but as long as it's not painful and I'm not killin' myself to get my ears to equalize, I don't worry about it.

CheddarChick:
When I equalize I hear a squeak in my ear. Is this weird??

Sometimes it squeaks sometimes it just sounds like my ear is exhaling. Is it weird? Well, Andy, FW and myself are the ones who have replied and we're all hearing something so either we're weird or it's weird. The "weird jury" is still out as you can see :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I have really easy ears but I do get a squeal on occasion if I'm either congested or if I descended a little too far between equalizing. If you equalized right now, sitting in your chair do you get a squeal, or just diving? Try equalizing earlier & more often and you might not hear as much squealing. For me a squeal means I'm pushing it and need to back off a bit (ie. wait until I'm not congested, or be more diligent in clearing as I descend)
-Ben

Thanks Guys & Gals!!!! And fish, I thought there was something about you, now I know it just the poison...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom