Do you know some dive centres in LA, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Hal,

I sent you an email to info@hollywooddivers.com, providing you with my personal email & contact details, itinerary and things I would like to do. Have you received it.

Hollywoodivers:
You are only Staying one night???.Venice is a tourist attraction and no dving in Venice Malibu yes or further south to laguna, Yes. Catalina a big Yes.....also there is a hostel near Universal Studios Called Banana Bungelow. There is a link from our websites resources page. Hope you are well Hal

http://www.sandeaters.org then go to dive sites. Lots of places to dive right here in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.

I assume you will bring your gear. If you need to rent several shops rent tanks, wetsuits, BC, computer and compass.

If you need to rent everything including mask, fins and such, then there are only two shops and they are not cheap. Laguna Sea Sports is one and the lowest priced for the full monty rental (the other shop is over $100.00 for the day!). Up in Ventura County the Peace Dive shop rents the whole enchilada for a reasonable price.

XSScubaKitty:
Hi Steve,
How cool is this! My friend has a boat and a group of us dive the Tuggerah often and get the Nitrox deco tank filled at the Abyss.
The night dive on the Coolooli sounds awesome. Are you doing that dive? I'll check it out to see if I'm still around Sydney to do it.

Sure am. It's not mentioned on their web site that I can see, but Rachel is organising it for Friday 29 Oct. Give her a call at the shop and check it out. She's also doing the Coolooli on Sunday 24 Oct.

I'll be diving at Shell Harbour with Abyss on Sunday, tagging along with a PADI Deep course. Haven't been there before but it should be nice to get the doubles out again. And try out the new dry suit I picked up from Hollywood Divers!!

BTW, Hal is not good with email (lot's of spam). If you don't get a response, send him a fax instead.

Bummer, I'm in LA that time. Will call the shop when I'm back in first week November, they may organise something else.
Thanks for your tip on Hal, will fax him then.
Enjoy your dives.

SteveD:
Sure am. It's not mentioned on their web site that I can see, but Rachel is organising it for Friday 29 Oct. Give her a call at the shop and check it out. She's also doing the Coolooli on Sunday 24 Oct.

I'll be diving at Shell Harbour with Abyss on Sunday, tagging along with a PADI Deep course. Haven't been there before but it should be nice to get the doubles out again. And try out the new dry suit I picked up from Hollywood Divers!!

BTW, Hal is not good with email (lot's of spam). If you don't get a response, send him a fax instead.

Bummer, I'm in LA that time. Will call the shop when I'm back in first week November, they may organise something else.

Shell Harbour is great, the Gutter (as first dive) and the Gravel Loader (as second dive) are both very good shore dives. If your group is good on air, do entry at the Gutter, exit at Beakie Bay. The Loader is dead simple, follow the pylons out and follow them back in. Lots of giant cuttlefish, you may get visited by the legendary 6 foot sting ray (without the tail). Check the pylons for small tropical fish and blennies, schools of old wives hang around the pylons, very pretty. If you very lucky, you may see a school of king fish (yes!). If you're doing boat dives, must do the Arch and the Cave.

Thanks for your tip on Hal, will fax him then.

Enjoy your dives.

SteveD:

Hey Kitty and hey Steve....Steve i have some cash for you when you pass back through LA....That rebate thing worked....And Kitty....that e mail never got to me and the spam is just down right annoying these days.....use this scubashopinla@aol.com Aight ? Peace....Hal

Hollywoodivers:
Hey Kitty and hey Steve....Steve i have some cash for you when you pass back through LA....That rebate thing worked....And Kitty....that e mail never got to me and the spam is just down right annoying these days.....use this scubashopinla@aol.com Aight ? Peace....Hal

Thanks Hal. I'm planning to be back in LA on Saturday 9 Oct. Should I have also put in the rebate form for the reg I bought last time? I'll dig it out and send it on to you.

SteveD:
Thanks Hal. I'm planning to be back in LA on Saturday 9 Oct. Should I have also put in the rebate form for the reg I bought last time? I'll dig it out and send it on to you.
ouch they only redeem those rebates until the end of this month...ouch...I'll be out Greatwhite diiving off Baja so I won't get to see you this time.I'll take a close up pic for ya....yeeeeeehaw Have a good one steve Hal

SoCalAJ:
Go to Sportchalet,, you cant beat there prices and there customerservice.

:rofl:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom