Do you prefer a 90 or 70 degree adaptor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the 70 degree adapter on back-mount with a 40 something hose. The 90 degree works, but it seems to pull a little on the reg.

Bob

I use 90s on my rigs that have a 40 inch hose except for the octopus second on my dh rigs which use a ball swivel similar to the link.

I had experimented with "long" hose primary rigs and did not use any swivel. However I have gone back to standard configurations and breath the short hose, donate the longer hose and it has a 90. I also have one 40 inch primary and it too has a 90.

N

Thanks Bob and James. I guess the easiest is probably for me to try both and see which one I prefer. I've been using a 40" with a 90 the past week but it seems to be pulling a little. I have a 70 on my 7' so willowy that on the 40 and see. I was just wondering if there was a general preference, seems not. Thanks for all the replies.

Started with the 90 degree on a 40 routed under the arm but after using the CA swivel I switched too. Works much better for me too.

Started with the 90 degree on a 40 routed under the arm but after using the CA swivel I switched too. Works much better for me.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 10:48 PM ----------

Started with the 90 degree on a 40 routed under the arm but after using the CA swivel I switched too. Works much better for me. I felt that tug too with the 90.

Thanks, I'd like to try the one sold by CA but unfortunately the postage on one small item makes it cost prohibitive. Guess I'll have to try my 70 and if that's not a solution will have no choice but to pay $$$ for shipping on a CA swivel, it'll end up costing almost $60 though��

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 09:56 PM ----------

Is there a law in the states that prevents such a small item being put in an envelope as I imagine shipping would only be a few dollars or is it because of the hassle involved of having to take it to a Post Office? I struggle to understand how such small items often cost over $30 to ship.

Thanks, I'd like to try the one sold by CA but unfortunately the postage on one small item makes it cost prohibitive. Guess I'll have to try my 70 and if that's not a solution will have no choice but to pay $$$ for shipping on a CA swivel, it'll end up costing almost $60 though��

Is there a law in the states that prevents such a small item being put in an envelope as I imagine shipping would only be a few dollars or is it because of the hassle involved of having to take it to a Post Office? I struggle to understand how such small items often cost over $30 to ship.

I am willing to try, I imagine it might cost more than a few dollars but if you wish, I will give it a shot. PM me an address and let me see what the shipping would be. You can then PayPal or?? for the item and when I get it I will send it on to you. I work on a s-l-o-w time scale, not quite geologic but not super fast either, :wink:.

N

Are there no local suppliers of an omni or omni style swivel? I'm willing to give it a try too if it doesn't work out with Nemrod.

I am willing to try, I imagine it might cost more than a few dollars but if you wish, I will give it a shot. PM me an address and let me see what the shipping would be. You can then PayPal or?? for the item and when I get it I will send it on to you. I work on a s-l-o-w time scale, not quite geologic but not super fast either, :wink:.

N

Thanks James, I'll PM you after work.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 10:40 PM ----------

Are there no local suppliers of an omni or omni style swivel? I'm willing to give it a try too if it doesn't work out with Nemrod.

Finding more unusual items over here is very difficult and if can be found usually cost a kidney. Unless it's SP or AL generally you're out of luck. Diving here is pretty much the PADI way. There are a few boutique dive shops around in the bigger cities but they charge boutique prices. Thanks for the offer, most kind, I'll let you know. Cheers.

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 10:41 PM ----------

Id like to be her friend too, I've hit the request button

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 10:50 PM ----------

lowviz, since you deleted your post now my reply looks creepy:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom